1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Khazri man of the match today

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by monty987, Apr 15, 2017.

1. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

My take on Khazri yesterday was that he was class. But he is showing what we've been missing not necessarily what we'd have got had he played. He played against Shrewsbury and looked worse than their players ffs! Only person who will know if he did what happened yesterday as a two fingered salute to Moyes is him. He may be leaving at the end of the season, he may know that and then he puts in the effort. But I've seen nothing from him to season prior to yesterday to suggest he deserves this starting place most think he should get.

mackemwelder likes this.
  2. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

I disagree pal, he's guilty of overplaying at times and giving the ball away needlessly but I don't think he's ever walked out on the pitch and not give two ****s (for want of a better phrase).

He was the best player on the pitch yesterday, including West Ham players imo.

Not saying that if he'd played more we'd have stopped up, we'd almost certainly still be in the same predicament, but yesterday told me Moyes really doesn't have a clue.

3. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

As a professional he should be giving 100% every chance he gets mate, not just when his ego feels valued.

4. mackemwelder

I can't comment on yesterday mate, but from what I have seen of him i'm not impressed.

5. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Absolutely but a good manager will know how to handle each player to get the most out of him, not that I agree that he's been all that disinterested, not noticeably more than players who regularly start ahead of him. With better management we could have had a hard working and effective Khazri in the first team all season.

clockstander likes this.
  6. mackemwelder

Maybe mate, but for whatever reason DM just doesn't rate him enough to start him and TBF, you could say that about the entire squad barring Defoe and Pickford.

7. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Not to mention Lens and M'Vila. Themans a joke, but te laugh is on us.