1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kelvin Davis

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by JWP is the goal king, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

noebar.....welcome to the Saints site..........we look forward to your contributions........any problems, suggestions or questions, just PM either Kingsland or myself and we will do what we can to help...... don't forget to tell your friends.

2. SaintWesty

SaintWesty New Member

I'd like SKD to stay at Saints, but to be coaching the younger goalies first...just to make sure!

3. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

Welcome to not606 SaintWesty

Any problems message me or Beddytare as we are Mods for the board.

Make sure u tell your mates about not606 <ok>

4. Beddy

I seem to be following kingsand around tonight........Anyway welcome to the Saints site Saintwesty.....We look forward to your contribution.......as Kingsland stated if any problems or help needed just give us a pm and we will do what we can. Enjoy and don't forget to tell your mates

5. HackySaints

HackySaints Member

Yeah agree with the point you make about players not being played & then being expected to just make the jump hopefully to Championship eg Bart. How can we judge players as fans when we don't see them playing on a regular basis ? I think Kelvin has a lot more years in him playing for Saints. Don't see him as a coach yet. Disappointed he got beat at near post on Sat but all players make mistakes.

I was disappointed with the way on Saturday when Kelvin played the ball out from the goal to the defence, every time but once, both Fonte & Jaidi lumped the ball forward only to lose it. We cannot play the ball well out of defence with these 2 CB's. If all they are going to do is hoof it forward than i'd rather kelvin did this. It did make me laugh when the ball was passed along the back line to Jaidi & it was obvious he didn't want it. Great in the air but makes me nervous if he is asked to play the ball. PS think it makes him nervous as well.

6. Beddy

I echo those sentiments there is no doubt that Jaidi is not the best distributor of the team. In fact I would honestly say he doesn't like it. I would say Fontes passing is a lot better but not the best, he gets around 50% of his clearances back to the back four. I still think one of our failings is not keeping a player up field during set pieces in our half. I see Barney stayed up more than usual. However someone should always be there to harry for clearances when necessary. Other wise we get it straight back putting ourselves under pressure yet again.