1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kelly Youga

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Medway Malc, May 27, 2011.

1. Medway Malc

Medway Malc New Member

Would the return of KY be like signing a new player? I always liked him, worked hard, went forward and got back!!
    Would Simon Francis make a good centre back? This was a point for discussion in the pub at the end of last season. Views anyone.
    Possible new signings before the end of next week. Hopefully a couple of pacey strong centre backs, a right sided midfielder, one centre midfielder, and one big strong target man. Views.

COYR

2. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

I suppose it would be, Malc - seeing as most of us can hardly remember what he looks like...

Certainly one of my favourite players but you've got to ask yourself "how bad was that injury?" Eighteen months is a hell of a long time to be away from the game, not just physically, but mentally too. I'd love to see him back, but wonder if the damage has been too great and the lay off too long. I hope not.

IMO Simon Francis wouldn't make a good mascot. The quicker he finds himself another club, the better. I know that sounds harsh, but I'm tired of mediocrity and to me, he epitomises just that.

3. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

My memory doesn't go back that far I'm afraid

4. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

Malc,

Kelly Youga's contract runs out and all of a sudden he's ready to make a return to action after 20 yes 20 months out injured... Fancy that!

Personally i wouldn't touch him with a barge poll and imo anyone who believes the club should invest any further in Kelly Youga are totally off their heads!! Knee injuries that keep a player out fornearly two years are no joke. I very much doubt he’ll ever return, but if by some miracle he does I can’t see him being anywhere near the player he was…!!

Sadly injury is part and parcel of football. Youga has been out injured for 18 odd months on between 6k and 8k per week. I make that between 460k and 620k he's been paid (depending on what exactly his weekly wage is) whilst not so much as kicking a ball in anger for us.

We are not a charity and we can ill aford to be throwing money down the toilet. Do you not think he has been give ample opportunity to prove his fitness? I certainly do!!

Yes he was a decent LB for us, but some of you boys are banging on as if he was Paulo Maldini. The cold hard facts point to him being finished. So lets bid him farewell and move on. Who knows, we could even look to bring in a LB who actually makes it onto the pitch once in a while.

Nuff said... He is absolute cack and imo often looks completely disinterested.

5. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

you've probably over looked something... we'd have probably had insurance out on him. we wouldnt have had to pay all his wages in the time injured

6. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

Don't bet on it Greenwich... We all know how Murray liked cutting corners if it meant rating himself a few quid.