1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Keep fighting little man

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Reports are saying that after successfully gaining the funds for life saving surgery in the US Bradley Lowerys health is sadly deterioriating again.
    My thoughts go out to his family at this devastating time. No kid or family should have to suffer like this when we have low lifes walking the earth in good health .

2. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Aye, i've just read about it.

He has 3 options, none of them are good. Poor lad.

Billy Death likes this.
  3. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

I saw this last night. heart-breaking as sadly it looks like the tough little lad won't make it. Puts things into perspective, that's for sure.

Teessidemackem likes this.
  4. Teessidemackem

THE health of a North-East youngster whose cancer battle touched the hearts of thousands of people has deteriorated.

Bradley Lowery, five and from Blackhall Colliery, has been undergoing treatment for neuroblastoma for the second time in his short life.

The initial treatment proved to be a success and the brave youngster was declared to be in remission in 2015.

Sadly, the cancer returned and Bradley’s family were trying to raise £700,000 to fund potentially life-saving treatment in the USA.

He appeared as a mascot for Sunderland in their game with Everton at the Stadium of Light earlier this season.

That prompted the Merseyside club to pledge a massive £200,000 donation towards the fundraising total.

However, posting on the Facebook page Bradley Lowery's Fight Against Neuroblastoma, his mother wrote: "So as most of you know Bradley's had scans the last few days.

"To cut a long story short I'm devastated to let use know that his cancer has continued to grow.

"We have had a meeting with Bradley's consultant and he has giving us three options but all three options only give us time with Bradley.

"First option is to take him home and stop all treatment this would only give us two months.

"Bradley's consultant said if it was him he would do this.

"Second option is to give Bradley some oral chemo which is weak on the bloods.

"This is a palliative care option and he doesn't think it will do anything but he said we could try.

"Third option is that he is willing to give a antibody and chemo combination that I was looking to go to America for if we can fund the drugs which is obviously not a problem.

"However he believes if we do that we could lose Bradley through treatment and we will be in hospital for at least two months.

"He believes regardless of the three options we have they all have the same outcome and that is Bradley will lose his fight.

"I honestly have no words to how heartbroken I am right now.

"I really don't know how I'm going to make a decision either to take my baby home and have a couple of months with him or put him through more gruelling treatment that could leave him fighting for his life and to have the same outcome."

5. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

6. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

7. Deleted #

I'm on my phone mate. It's a tough read.

Poor little kid man

8. Teessidemackem

9. Brian Storm

Tell you what, this is one of those cases where stupid weed laws are preventing an effect treatment for the lad. This is harrowing and there are treatments that will prolong his life and make him more comfortable. Had he had it much much earlier it may even have led to remission. Cannabinoids are the future in cancer treatment and there's poor little boys like Bradly suffering thanks to these laws. Makes me so angry and frustrated.that there's something to help him through his final days and he's no chance of him getting it. It's not fair mate. :(

10. Deleted #

Mate, I've got some oil lying about.

My mams coming off it now. It's kept her alive for ****ing ages. I'd happily hand it over to the kids dad with instructions on what to do.

Like you said, it does prolong life. I've witnessed it first hand with 2 people now. One person was cured of cancer and we've had my mams life prolonged through taking it. Hospital stopped her treatment ages ago.

Lovearsenalcock and TEL like this.

11. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

****ing cancer.

Off my mates facebook page.

Kidney cancer. Died yesterday.

**** cancer. Its an utter ****.

FB_IMG_1481186135271.jpg

Sunderlad, Billy Death and Deleted like this.
  12. Brian Storm

They've got the coin to treat him to the end but could never take that route with the media spotlight on them. We know it would help the lad and he could take it with any psychoactive effects what so ever. Oil is piece of piss to make too. ****ing shame.

All the best to your Ma mate

I'm going to bed. :(

Deleted likes this.
  13. Teessidemackem

Rip Jack :(.

Deleted likes this.
  14. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

****ing heartbreaking things like this.
    Mine are all healthy & you just take it for granted.
    Don't know how I'd cope in a situation like this.

Deleted likes this.
  15. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Devastating that the woman is being forced to make these choices. The progress being made now is faster than ever, we've got researchers right at the centre of development in this country, I believe in my lifetime there'll be a cure for it all, without chemo. There's plants all over the world that need to be fast tracked, we can't just continue to stick to the same path, when evidence is proving that there are alternative options. It's out of the doctor's hands, gov't legislation needs changed as Bri says, not just for CBD to be used but everything EBC46 is a recent one that has massive potential, if a person is dying, then why is a law keeping them from a chance of survival? It's a medieval mentality to have.

Hopefully the little lad pulls through, they won't give up, it's against parental instinct.

Fentonpell and Billy Death like this.
  16. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

When we told my mother had cancer in 2003 did not believe it, it took about 3 weeks before we admitted to it. It is a weired, awful thing to go through, I imagined the tumor she had near her liver as an evil B*******d, and tried every way to help her looking for miracle herbs or drugs but could not do anything, sadly pneumonia took her but maybe a blessing in disguise, I reckon if could have afforded to go to USA for treatment she may have been saved. There will be a cure one day though.

17. Deleted #

I'm sorry to hear that, Monty.

please log in to view this image

18. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

An innocent kid and his family suffer like this when there`s so much scum walking about who wouldn`t be missed in the slightest. Seems so unfair.

Heartbreaking.

Billy Death likes this.
  19. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Such a huge disappointment for the family and Bradley.

20. crumble bungle

crumble bungle Well-Known Member

What a very sad story, fingers crossed it can be turned around for the little fella and his family.