1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Just how good are Crawley?

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gastronomic, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

The bookies make Crawley Town red hot favourites for the title in League Two.

Swindon, The Gas, Oxford and Shrewsbury are also fancied, but only for other places in the top four or five - but nowhere near Crawley.

So just how good do you think Crawley will be? and will they be able to cope with being everyone's team to beat?

2. irenestoyboy

irenestoyboy New Member

They have ankinde.....that should kill the odds a bit!!!

I think they will be top 6, where though I couldnt say atm. L2 in not like the BSP. If they come up with the mentality of thinking they will march through then they are in for shock.

3. Richmondoufc

Richmondoufc Member

They will finish top 3 IMO. They pretty much walked the conference last season and have bags of cash to spend to improve for this season

4. National N1

National N1 Active Member

I think wimbledon will be there or there abouts also havent they had like 7 promotions in 9 years! Crawley remind me of rushden and diamonds how long can a club no bigger than bath city keep going the way they are!

5. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Will Tubbs still be playing for them? He resisted moves to league clubs before now. Some of these players prefer to keep playing in the Conference. He seemed like a key player for Crawley last year - we should have picked him up when he was with Salisbury!

Quite a few of Crawley's players never really made the grade in the league. The Argentinian lad was at Wycombe for a while. I think Bath have picked up a winger (Cooke?) from Crawley - another player who didn't want league football but was quite sought after.

6. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How are they funding wages and keeping within the 60% cap?