1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Just a Thought.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jul 27, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Now this might be absolutely stupid and I am way off of beam but what I can't understand is we are told our squad is good enough for the Championship, we have got rid of the bad influences, we bought well last year, they were mostly young, have all had a year to improve and mature and are ready to step up to Championship level,we are in no rush to bring in players unless the quality or the need is there, what we have is on a par with most players available out there.

I acknowledge we have replaced Tammy, got a new right full back, sold Lee Tomlin, so the thinking and planning of our management is plain to see, Pisano and Diedhiou are our 2 new investments and we rely on last years squad to propel us back up the league.

If you think about it our management team have gone through a more radical development than our football team, out went Chief Scout Des Taylor, out with John Pemberton, in came Mervyn Day, Jamie MCAllister along side Dean Holden, with Jnr leading the way, new blood,new thinking.

We are a year further down the line, the new management team under Mark Ashton has gelled and are in full swing, the players, a year older, a year wiser, new guys have been infused from the young and new players, we have had a successful pre season series so far, P7,W6,L1,GF27,GA3, our leaders tell us we are ready for the challenge.

Forgive me but just 1 question bugs me, why have we not had (Tomlin apart) (I do stand to be corrected) 1 official bid or 1 official offer for any of our players from any Premier, Championship or lower league clubs , at least that is what we are told officially, do they all think our players are not good enough for them.?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  2. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Haven't we sold one of our players?

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I've quoted Lee Tomlin in the thread but I will adjust post.

4. maga1810

maga1810 Member

A couple of quick thoughts again on above;
    - unfair to say we have not had 1 offer from a Championship club for our players - Lee Tomlin sold to Cardiff for a reported £3m, Marl Little, OK he was released, but joined Championship Bolton
    - Wilbs before resigning was looking at "offers" from other clubs
    - Barcelona have not received any official bids for Lionel Messi, is that because he is not that good and could not get in a Premiership side, or, is it because when asked informally Barcelona say not for sale unless £500M. Most of the good City players on reasonably long contracts - no point in other clubs bidding if they know they will be turned down. I am sure if you offered a lot of that squad at £500k in the current market a lot would be snapped up.

Again just thoughts

5. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

So shouldn't your last line be changed to :angel::emoticon-0105-wink:

'Forgive me but just 1 question bugs me, why have we not had (I do stand to be corrected) 2 Official bids or 2 official offers for any of our players from any Premier, Championship or lower league clubs , at least that is what we are told officially, do they all think our players are not good enough for them.?'

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Some good comments, thanks.