1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Josh Carson

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Tractor Tim, May 12, 2011.

1. Tractor Tim

Tractor Tim Member

Nice to see that Josh Carson has been given a Northern Ireland call-up and has been told he will be part of Nigel Worthington's Northern Ireland squad for their upcoming Nations Cup games to face the Republic of Ireland on 24 May and Wales on 27 May. He has also been included in the Northern Ireland Under-21 squad for the European Championship qualifier against Faroe Islands on 31 May.

2. HangingHog FC

HangingHog FC Member

Great for the lad and for ITFC .

3. Tractor Boy Steve Getting Slimmer

Fantastic news for him amd the club as well...Judging him by the last 8 matches or so, I feel that he will settle in straight away in the main NI team.

Congrats Josh mate, keep up the good work/standard

4. billypockets 606

Good news for him and the club. It will hopefully put him on the map and raise his value. If things don't work out right for us we could make a few bob on him - that's what our academy is there for. We're a selling club traditionally and we really need a conveyor belt of talent to bring in the readies as well as pushing us up the league.

5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I'd rather we kept him though Billy. Sure we could sell him for what would be a paltry sum but it would probably cost more to replace him with someone of similar skill but more experience. I would prefer to build a young team a la Wenger. Wenger always brings alot of young players but ends up selling them just as they become really useful, I would prefer the opposite and keep hold of them.

6. billypockets 606

I don't want to sell him, far from it! But the more experience and exposure he gets, the more we'll get when he eventually does move on. Carson and Wickham are our future both for our team now and for the money their transfers could bring in.

7. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I understand Billy, we have always been a selling club (sadly). Arsenal are also a selling club. Thats how come they always break even financially but haven't won anything for a while.