1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Johnson - signed by Norwich

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Spanish white, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Spanish white

Spanish white Active Member

Interesting Norwich signed Johnson on a free beating off Sunderland!

Think he would have been better off going to the black cats!

Things starting to hot up with gossip and potiential moves..... so who will we end up with?

Carl Fletcher - Pymouth
    George Friend - Donny
    Marlon King - oh dear !
    Chris Eagles - Burnley
    John Eustace - Watford again!!!!!

Think it will be a crazy Summer !!!:emoticon-0103-cool:

2. EnochForEngland

EnochForEngland Active Member

If we end up with Marlon King,I will question life.

3. Badger

Badger Member

Sorry to see the lad go like the lad me self..

Okay,okay he was not the best player in the world but come you couldnt say he didnt put his shift in most the time.

4. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Have you got a link that can confirm this? No sign of it on the Norwich website

5. leedsmadness

leedsmadness Member

Thaicanary it only paper gossip, Daily Mirror, Who ever he signs for, i don't want him at LEEDS, before you all start shouting at me, i don't want a player here who doesn't want to be here, he made it quiet clear he was in it for the money and not the club.

B4 Christmas he was crap, The only reason he started to play well was because he had turn a contract offer down and knew if he didn't start to play well he wouldn't get any offers

6. ThaiCanary

I did think it was only speculation but there seems to be a lot of talk about it. Let's just see what happens.

Could not agree more with you - if he wants to go and his heart is not at Elland Road, let him go.
    Better to have 11 willing volunteers than 11 pressed men

7. leedsmadness

leedsmadness Member

If he does sign good luck to him

8. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

9. ThaiCanary

What a goal! Would be happy for him to join us and produce the same <ok>

10. leedsmadness

leedsmadness Member

SUPERNORWICH yes he does want to play in the Prem but as no BIG Prem teams wanted him he came to you instead, another freebee, Hate to say this but i hope you do OK next year.

11. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

Thanks mate, if you had of gone up instead of us, a few of our players would jump ship too....... Hope you join us next year ...

12. leedsmadness

leedsmadness Member

Yourself and QPR should be ok, but i want Swansea to be relegated, yes i know im going to open a can of worms, Sorry Wales i don't think a Welsh club should be in the ENGLISH Premiership, What happens if Wales gets independents.

13. treeny07

treeny07 New Member

no doubt bates wont be splashin the cash to replace outgoing players, we'l have to make do wiv a few second rate free transfers most likely!

14. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

I'm going to defend Johnson. He has always stated in his interviews that he wanted equality with the other players. The clubs response was that they didn't want to 'break the bank', which is just Bates exaggerating to try and pin blame and attention onto someone else. The likes of O'Brien and McCartney were on much higher wages than Johnson, and he was thinking - well I've played much much better than these two, so why shouldn't I have equal wages to them. Plus he's 24, so can develop into a better player and moreover he would have sell on potential if we signed him to another contract. If we sign a 30 year old on a 3 year contract, then there is no chance we can sell them on.

It's just poor business by Leeds. If we want to aim for promotion next season, we should be keeping our best performers from this season and building on. Gradel, Becchio, Howson, Snodgrass, Somma and Johnson were our best players this season. And the fact we are letting one go for nothing, just because we take TOO long to start negoiations (Gradel has one year left, we should have started contract talks 6 months ago). Even if the Johnson isn't amazing and there are better players as some people have pointed out, he could still be sold for a profit if he became surplus to requirements.

15. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Agree that we should keep our best performers, but I don't count Bradley in that bracket. He did play well after his contract saga but he's not the kind of player we need in that midfield - he's a bad tackler, bad at shooting, gets dispossessed quite a lot, poor footballing brain, average at passing and good with his work rate. Which overall spells average to me, and as Leeds United, we should be looking for better than average. No idea what the wage situation was - equality to Johnson could have meant equality with our highest paid player for all we know, agents love twisting their words like that. So I'll let Bates off the hook for this one since I've no idea what the figures were behind the scenes.

16. Que Somma Somma

I dint rate him that much tbh, 1 mil woulda been nice tho. Gives away too many free kicks and cant run or shoot (apart from a flukey one off) There are plenty of players better than him but I admire the way he ignored his critics and bates and played on

17. Beefforhire-NCFC

Beefforhire-NCFC Well-Known Member

Crikey, the minute theres a link to a player the Leeds fans are quick to disown them!

Johnson is a quality player and I'd be happy to see him at Norwich

18. Jerel Ifil

I've never, ever been a fan of his. Said the same on (I think) your board and Sunderland's a while ago.

19. Beefforhire-NCFC

Beefforhire-NCFC Well-Known Member

I believe you said "he's a bad tackler, bad at shooting, gets dispossessed quite a lot, poor footballing brain, average at passing"

Now, you know this isn't true, but your slating him because he's been linked to us.

I want to point out that the Johnson and Snodgrass moves are all speculation so far. Please leave your slating untill after we've managed to sign them.

20. Jerel Ifil

Well if you don't believe that's consistent with my view, here are some previous posts of mine to prove it is:

http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/49055-johnson?p=469814&viewfull=1#post469814
    http://www.not606.com/showthread.ph...ed-This-Summer?p=418125&viewfull=1#post418125
    http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/34512-Bradley-Johnson?p=204437&viewfull=1#post204437

And if you signed Snodgrass, I'd be disappointed. Wouldn't knock his ability though, I'm sure he'd keep causing defenders problems up in the Premiership.