1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

John Pantsil

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by AKCJ, Jul 20, 2011.

1. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Leicester fan in peace

Apparently we have signed him, just waiting it to appear on the OS.

What can you say about him? Is he any good?

Thanks lads <ok>

2. Craven112

Craven112 Member

he was a good player for us hes good at getting forward but his postioning is abit suspect, he went thru a stage of scoring own goals. not too the extend of frank sinclair lol as i live his leicester aswell i think McNaughton would of been better option if available.

actually i wouldnt mind having McNaughton for us as hes young and good defensive and at attacking,

3. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

Has been very good under Hodgson, but had a few mares last season under Hughes who didn't rate him. A nice ccharacter, fans' favourite.

4. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Pantsil was a great character at Fulham and will probably go down as a Fulham Legend similar to Terry Angus, he appreciates the fans that turn up, and does a lap round the pitch after matches, applauding the home support.
    A whole hearted player he can at times lift a team with his commitment and enthusiasm, but as others would say he sometimes can do the opposite, give away silly free kicks and lose concentration, but overall I think he would be a good player for you.

5. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

It's a shame we've lost him. He was a character and, about 90% of the time, a very good player for us. His absense, of course, leaves us with a RB probelm. I'm not one of those who see Chris Baird as the long-term answer to our RB problem.

I just realized it ... Leicester City has both of our full backs. You'll enjoy them. Pantsil's a very competent and capable dribbler; I'd argue he was the best on our team. My guess is he brought the ball up the pitch 30 - 40 % of the time for us and rarely needed to pass it back to the 'keeper. His liabilities are in defense; sometimes he's guilty of ball watching.

Konchesky's gift is pace. He was certainly the fastest player at Fulham (IMO). He's OK on the ball, perferring safety over creativity. He can cross the ball well enough.

6. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Tosh sums it up very well and yes, you would have both our ex-full-backs which would be a good combination

To add to others posts, he scores some silly own goals <doh>

7. Penguin

Penguin Member

I think everyone else has summed him up but to add to the concensus: he's a good player but prone to silly mistakes, seems to play well for a manager who likes and appreciates him (Roy) but not for one who doesn't (Hughes) and if the fans love him he'll love you back.

I won't miss the own goals but I will miss his skills and his personality.

I'm sure he'll do well at Leicester and hope you guys enjoy the laps of honour as much as we did.

8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

He was my 4-year-old's favourite Fulham player because 'he's got pants in his name'. I still wonder whether the Europa final would have gone differently if Roy had picked Pantsil instead of Baird at right back.

I agree with most of the above - positives and negatives - and I'd add that he's one of those players who pretty much all of us would wish nothing but good luck for in the future. I hope him and Konch do well for you.

9. WhatDoesWoyWant?

That is a great comment from your son, I love the way kids come out with such unpredictable comments, my son is just the same. <ok>

10. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

Last season he had a world cup hangover for sure. JP was great for Fulham he just fell out of favour with the manager and his confidence dropped. You'll love him and he'll be solid I am sure. Wait for his first lap of honour round the pitch. great guy, good pro.

11. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

12. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

What more can be said, except to add that he was apparently also a top man in the dressing room.

A sad loss at this time. But hey, the best of everything to John - a true Fulhamish guy, he won't be forgotten.

13. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Correct Cottager, he will get a great reception along with the likes of Gera if we meet in the future i'm sure of it