1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Joe Hart????

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Brixham Saint, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Both - when called upon, he was excellent. This season, he's lost his confidence since the Palace cock-up, that's clear to see, to me.

In terms of England, definietly not just be Saints fans - I remember both MOTD and SSN both talking about it before.

2. Libby

Libby 9-0

I don't think he's ever been an 'excellent' GK, decent yes, but not much more than that imo. I've always said he is hugely overrated by Saints fans. He simply has too many weaknesses to considered a top keeper at this level.

3. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

That defence was leaking like a sieve when he was injured last season. He came back and kept what, half a dozen clean sheets straight off the bat?

4. Libby

Libby 9-0

7 I think?... and I'm pretty sure Arsenal away was the only one where he personally won us points. We also didn't keep another clean sheet for the rest of the season after that I believe.

Also, didn't his return coincide with us switching to 3-5-2 as well?

5. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

He helped (it would be crazy to say he didn't) but I agree it's not all down to him. Not sure about the formation.

I'd also question the assertion that our defence was leaking like a sieve before his return last season. We conceded 6 goals in the 5 league games before Forster came back and had played 20 league games in total, conceding 24 goals. Not great stats but not terrible either. Interestingly, after 20 league games this season we'd conceded 25 goals.

6. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well given that I'm very open to us seeing us Begovic this summer, I'm naturally equally open to us signing Hart.

But I don't see it happening. They'll be clubs out there willing to pay more than us, and I can't see us selling Forster. However, he has to have a better season next year than he has had this year.

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  7. Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Well-Known Member

I've got an idea for an advert. It involves Joe Hart saving a penalty and the taker goes "what are you doing Joe? You're supposed to be saving customers money on their car insurance!'

Pelletron likes this.
  8. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

That was me with the clean sheets. Fraser had **** all to do with that :emoticon-0112-wonde

9. mowgli

mowgli Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Class is permanent. Form is temporary. I have no doubt he is carrying an injury. But still better than most of the EPL keepers

Saints Fan4Life likes this.
  10. Libby

Libby 9-0

Completely disagree about better than most in PL.

As for form is temporary and class is permanent, playing devils advocate how do we know that this isn't his 'class' and his 'form' was before? <whistle>

11. Bill Hill

Bill Hill Well-Known Member

I don't think hart is that good and the fact he has ended up where he has suggests I am not the only one with reservations.

As for FF I find him v frustrating a person with his physical stature should leave forwards not wanting to go anywhere near him but it's the opposite in reality.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

12. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

He's big and dominating but very slow to get lower shots. Any Freekick on target but not central is a goal. He came back last season at the exact time the defensive formation was changed and at Arsenal had a great game. Every other game he had to beg for a touch. I'm not Hart's biggest fan but he would be a step up from Fraser and if Everton were to offer decent money I would be more than prepared to have McCarthy as No1 anyway.

HE hasn't shone for England either. He's a decent keeper and definitely Prem level but a lot of hype seems to raise him up to a top top keeper when he isn't. Better than Stekelenburg though.