1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January Transfer Window Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Son of a pitch, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of a pitch

Son of a pitch Active Member

In my eyes we could perhaps do with cover for Jose and it would be worth spending some money on a new striker (someone to take the pressure off of AC's shoulders).

Which positions do you feel we need cover for? Which players would you like to see us bring in

2. awoodnewc

awoodnewc Member

striker, a winger and a versatile defender...but as we have a week off and carroll, tiote returning and ben arfa a few weeks down the line we could get away with no strengthening until the summer

3. Henry Boy

Henry Boy Active Member

agreed, and tbh i cant see us signing anyone anyway! if we do get Ireland though, ben arfa ireland tiote barton for a midfield is frightening! the service to carroll and shola(or nolan) would be quality!

4. The Man In Front Is A Tiote

I agree. I don't see us actually getting anyone until the summer. We defo need another striker, someone to feed off Carroll - similar to Oba but who can actually score and play well in more then 1 in 5 games :) Other then that, a RM, LB for cover and possibly a RB cover for Simo as I dont see Raylor staying... Central midfield we look strong, competition is healthy. Central defence is ok, obviously need to look out for injuries and such but I think we can cope in that area with our current lot.

5. awoodnewc

awoodnewc Member

yeah definately, the balance would be good aswell...decent back up too but we need to flog alan smith off in the summer, the defence imo is the least of our worries its the best it has been for years

6. Goodwin

Goodwin New Member

What you lot reckon to the brum offer been ejected for shola?

well apparently

7. awoodnewc

awoodnewc Member

i reckon it would have been a different story if they offered it for lovenkrands...ameobi fits into the style were playing right now, but we need to strenghten that area in the summer

8. Tim Kruls Zulu Shield (:)

top priorities right now are

barton contract
    enrique contract
    new striker
    young cover for LB
    right winger
    sell xisco

9. Jesus Was A Geordie

Jesus Was A Geordie Well-Known Member

At the minute I'm thinking a 5 man midfield would work perfectly for us.

Gutierrez, Nolan, Tiote, Barton, Ben Arfa.

Keeps everything tight but plenty of attacking options and service. So not really fussed about Ireland coming in. Cover for LB is priority.

10. awoodnewc

awoodnewc Member

it does my head in thinking of players, im past the football manager days newcastle will do well to get ireland...ireland on his day would be one of our best players i reckon its worth a 6 month loan deal

but in the summer we need to get rid of alan smith, campbell, perch and xisco although xisco hasnt been given a chance, tie up joey and enrique to new contracts bring a few youth players in and upgrade the current squad...simples

11. Cal.

Cal. Active Member

I agree with this, although not the Xisco part. I'd prefer if he was given some game time over the rest of the season, then sell him in the summer if he doesn't impress.

12. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Gutierrez's Right Boot Well-Known Member

Kakuta to Fulham. Well that opens it up for SWP to come here them

13. Andy Carroll's Drinking Partner

SWP i can't help feeling is a big step back all he would do is push Barton back into CM. I think leave him playing out wide as his final ball has generally been excellent this season. Plus if our wages are now capped SWP won't be having any of it. One player I would not mind seeing back is Scott Parker, possibly in the summer if WHU go down. Even though we are fairly strong in the Centre i feel he would be a great signing.

14. awoodnewc

awoodnewc Member

SWP would be a waste really, pace but no final ball and with carroll in the middle whats the point of beating a player and then crossing to the opposition

15. Ben Arfa Job

Ben Arfa Job New Member

We should be building the team around the likes of Carroll and Arfa. Having wide men that can actually cross and a strike partner for AC that can pass 10yards without hitting the defender would be a start.

...Shola's poor decision making and terrible ball retention are to blame for the last 2 results. We should have been 3 or 4 goals clear in both of the last two games.

16. Nile Aint Arfa Nutter

midfield - somebody who can cross like david beckham!
    arnold as cover for the left side
    a pacy striker or somebody for the future (conor wickham)

17. my name is jonas

I can't seeing us bringing in anyone at all, the trip to Portugal must be a bit disruptive transfer wise, even if a good break for the squad.

Not overly gutted if we get nobody in, but think its quite a risk relying on the boys just back or about to be after injury. Jury is still out on Gosling, might take HBA a while to sharpen up, and even a fully fit Raylor isn't more than a back up - and he's not half fit yet!

Hopefully Pards has decided to promote from within and is gonna give some of the bairns a kick about

18. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

A replacement for Routledge. Preferably Barnetta, if not Larsson.

A striker can wait, we have six on the books it would be ridiculous if we signed another one, especially when four of them have been among the goals and Nolan has 10 from midfield.

Left back is a bit of a worry. I think Kadar and/or Ferguson will be up to the task next season, and we can manage with just Enrique for this season. No need to sign another.

19. ThrillerinAsprilla

ThrillerinAsprilla Active Member

Erik Huseklepp........:wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.