1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jack wilshire

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Prince Isak (GG), Apr 1, 2017.

1. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Nah to Wilshere, he's made of glass, would just be another Kieron Dyer, great when he very occasionally plays, but most of the time just earning a fortune from sitting in the treatment room.

Drop Ginge for the next game, get Hayden straight in the team, and see if Hayden can put together some decent form see if he's worth giving a chance in the Prem.

2. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

He is but with the right management he might be ok. I still think he has tons of potential.

As for Sinclair he is a good player. Not class but that's the class of player we will be able to attract and not much better atm. He scored a hattrick today. I know Scottish football is clart. But he would improve us.

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Don't rate Sinclair at all and would not want him. He is quick. However he is one dimensional, has an average first touch, and has struggled badly at PL level previously. I think there are far better options and I'd imagine Rafa and his scouts have designs on more naturally gifted players. For instance I'd rather look at Markovic who Hull have on loan. Is more of a natural footballer than Sinclair with a bit more class about his play. Seems to be surplus at Liverpool.

Gayle isn't good enough at the top level either, even ignoring his injury issues. We need a goalscorer. Gayle and Mitro are fine as back up.

Wilshere is clearly easily good enough for us in terms of talent and is also a proper footballer. The issue with him is his professionalism and injury record. The two are probably linked. Seems a bit of a party boy, lots of nightclubs etc. We had this before with the likes of Dyer, Bellamy when they lost their way. The injuries came with that. Bellamy sorted himself out after moving away and had a better injury record as a result. Dyer didn't.

Our problem would be, is Newcastle the right the environment for that kind of character? Probably not. Can we afford as a promoted team to have a player on a senior wage playing half the season? Probably not. I don't think we'd have any hope of signing him anyway.

Its the same problem when people mention Sturridge. Again like Wilshere I don't think he'd have any interest. But even if he did, would he be any use to us just using our medical facilities. On top of that with Sturridge I suspect he is in decline quickly.

Rather than trying to shoot for the sky, I think we have to try and get players on the up. We did this under Robson and it worked a treat.

The like of Gibson at Middlesbrough, Pickford at Sunderland are going to be sought after. Probably a bit rich for us. However if we can find similar players lower down then that is what we should do. What about that Costa at Wolves for instance? They are in freefall, he will want out.

4. Henry Boy

Henry Boy Active Member

No to both for the reasons already mentioned.

As for Colbackwards, **** me if he is still in our squad for next season! Easily one of the worst I've seen. Even if he stays we need to buy another DM, if Hayden gets injured we can't have ginge unchallenged in that position week in, week out.