1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I'VE GOT AN 'ORSE!!!

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

It might not be much of an 'orse, but none the less, it's an interesting one. In the middle of last year I finally became another sheep in the flock and joined one of those horse reminder sites. For a few days I watched the races in Ireland. I found a horse, just the one, but soon gave up on the idea. Being on the lazy side, which is close to my backside, the thing on which I sit, I found the whole thing a bit of a chore.

Then out of the blue, there appeared a reminder in my emails. It's been 267 days since the animal has set foot on a course. And now here it is, almost. Well it'll be here tomorrow at Tipperary. The thing is, it's only had the one race, in a nine and a half furlong event, and tomorrow it's being asked to try it's luck at a mile and a half on a heavy track in the last. It's a big ask. And the O'Brien mob have several runners, always a worry.

So what makes this filly an interest subject? It's Ballinrobe outing last July was a strange old affair. She refused to leave the stalls when the starter said go. She was finally coaxed out and sent on her way, but the leaders were off and gone. She was still beaten a long way, about 20 lengths. But it wasn't a bad run. The clip is below. Her name is Creadan. She's in the four slot and comes out about ten lengths behind the second last horse. She's in the dark blue. Early betting for her in the last tomorrow has her at 20-1.

http://www.attheraces.com/atrplayer-replay-popup/VOD/947998

2. Cyclonic

28-1 and drifting like a barge in the wind. <laugh>

3. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Non-Runner Cyc, keep your 'nag' reminder going though! <ok>

4. Cyclonic

Thanks mate, I now sort of feel relieved. It's a bit like the rope's been removed from my neck. <laugh>

5. Cyclonic

I hope the trainer hasn't withdrawn the horse because he's pissed about me letting the cat out of the bag. After all, this is the leading forum in Europe. <laugh>

6. Cyclonic

Well I've still got the 'orse. Don't know too much about the goings on in the Tipperary area, been it seems to be some kind of racing centre. In today's race, Creadan is up against two runners from the Weld and Bolger yards and two from the O'Brien family. The four, four olds ( Creadan is one ) have to give a stone to the nine three year old fillies. A couple of weeks back they entered her in a mile and a half here, on a bog track. They pulled her out, and today she drops back to nine furlongs on a much drier course. She's in the first race, a Maiden. And now for the good bit ... 50-1. I won't be having a penny on it, but I hope she runs well. :)

7. Cyclonic

My 'orse tracker animal, Creadan is again entered, this time for Monday, May 8 at Roscommon. I'm feeling something in my water as May 8 just happens to be my birthday. As the time nears, I'll fill you in with all sorts of imagined reasons why it'll be a good thing. <laugh>

8. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

It May finish 8th <ok>

9. Cyclonic

10. Cyclonic

Today is the big day for Creadan, my 'orse tracker selection. As I don't bet, except for small investments on cards, I'll only be cheering it on. It's run into what looks a pretty decent bunch of maidens though, so it'll be a tough task getting to the collection window. The race only pays 1-2, but 33-1 makes it worth a shilling each way. But only if you're crazy. I am on a roll though, my Kentucky Derby selection absolutely poo-ed in. So who's a star then hey? And if this no hoper gets up, I'll be the man. :)

18:00 Roscommon.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cyc, this horse has been beaten 21, 20l and 39l in 3 races. And the winners of those races each have just the one victory to their name. At what point would you consider crossing him off your tracker? Just before he hoses up at 100/1?

12. Cyclonic

She's the only one I have Ron, but after that run, it's the big kiss off I'm afraid.