1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Its time

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by BrightredRickster, Jan 2, 2017.

1. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Time to go LJ

Now its a fight for survival

2. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Is that after the final score brightred or have you not heard the news from the gate?

3. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

WTF is going on????????? 2-0 up with less than 20 minutes to go and we lose 3-2. That is beyond shambolic.

4. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

?

5. invermeremike

I wasn't sure if his post was after the final whistle but I suppose if I had seen the post time I should have known. Does that make sense BCFCRob and remind me which side of the fence you're on now.

6. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Sorry I thought you'd heard some news.

Don't rub it in mate, how on earth can you be smug, we both want the same thing for the club. I'm not entirely sure where I stand right now.

banksyisourhero, RedorDead and NickH like this.
  7. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Lose the next 2 league games and it's staring relegation in the face. And it will be too late for a new manager to do anything with the squad. This is the nightmare that we now face. Back the manager now and we have no other hands to play until the season is done. Fire him now and at least have a couple of weeks of transfer window to play with but will the apparent instability scare off new recruits?

What an absolute cluster......

8. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Exactly - first and foremost, we're fans that want the best for the club. It's not like the fans that turn on a manager the earliest are the most 'enlightened'.

Before kick-off, a narrow defeat would have been expected, but to throw away a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 is sickening. I think I'm agreeing that lose the next league game and LJ needs to go.

9. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Made it as far as Wellington and then accident on Motorway put pays on us getting to the game on time. Listened to game on Radio and could hardly believe what I was hearing.
    You shouldnt lose after being 2-0 up at home especially with 18 mins to go- No Tomlin, Moore commentating and still no Engvall? Bryan, Little, Smith all in favour?- Time to go I think. Enough is enough

10. invermeremike

You are totally right BCFCRob in what we want for Bristol City and I know sometimes I might seem a bit smug but it's the Victor Meldrew in my being. Let's just hope this New Year brings us all better fortune in everything we wish, and heaven only knows what that means for our football club. Cheers mate.

BCFCRob likes this.

11. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

Does Junior really know what he's doing? Taylor Moore commentating on the radio dropped from the squad and Jnr playing a right back at centre back? wtf,

12. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

It was time several weeks ago. With the money spent we have made nowhere near the progress that we should have and unfortunately the blame has to go to the man spending that money and in charge of bringing in better results.

Should never have been given the job and if you look at how much better Barnsley are doing without him, this group of players should be able improve under a proper, experienced and well schooled manager.

13. invermeremike

Excellent sentiments rhino and yet I don't see us making the right moves in time to save what could end up being a sorry sight. Tears may be shed.

14. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Ok, "happy clapper" reporting in, I'm not going to over-react because of today's result

yes we lost after being 2-0 and the better team for 60 minutes, we were great up until then and Johnson had his tactics spot on imo, Mark Little gets a lot of stick and rightly so but I thought he was class today, well as a team only for 60 minutes.

Johnsons tactics lost us the game today, I believe we would have won if he didn't change it putting 2 up top ( playing Bobby Reid at RM, what they hell was that about), they had all of the ball for the last 30-35 minutes and just invited pressure onto us, I knew we'd lose once they got back into it at 2-1.

It's starting to piss me right off, and I'm starting to think I want him out if we don't get anything against Cardiff.

15. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

In fairness Little was the one player throwing himself around and looked like the player of old.
    Joe Bryan was playing in the position I like him in and looked better for it.
    Something happened mid way through the second half which looked like Little arguing with the bench, and then it changed.
    Take O'Dowda off and brought on Reid? Why not use Patterson more of a wide player. Pushed Bryan over when Freeman went off to the left and it was just chaotic then. Players lost their belief as Bryan and Brownhill was previously breaking down their players and nicking the ball. Little became subdued again.
    Today in my opinion the set up was good but the subs totally ****ed everything up.

manxrobin, banksyisourhero and gdknac like this.
  16. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Bryan had a very good game in the centre of midfield.

gdknac likes this.
  17. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

What playing ten and sometimes eleven players behind the ball.
    We got a goal from the goalkeeper making a mistake,and of course the penalty.
    If I had to watch our football club play like that for a season it would be mind blowing.
    Players set up in wrong position,then the subs were suicid.
    He has to go,today he lost the fans.

18. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

First two goals came from not having 2 CB s, was a joke to have such space in our box for one off them everyone plunked on the 6 yard line or outside the box.

The third from no players putting their bodies on the line. Players like Brownhill need to have a bit more fight.

Bryan, Smith, Little Flint all showed lots of fight and played well.

Abrahams is a world apart from anyone else

19. invermeremike

Let me remind you - 28% possession according to BBC, and forgive my ignorance but those stats shouldn't win you any games unless you have a 30 stone goalkeeper between the posts.

Red Robin likes this.
  20. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

depends. Reading with 72% were for a long time doing far less going forward than City were with 28%. it was only late in the game were Reading were really knocking on the door.