1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

IT'S OFFICIAL

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Dec 17, 2016.

1. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Not really because he was taking us to the Championship last season.

2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Wrong Jenkins was taking us to the championship.....Gary got us our highest place..<ok>.

3. bigkidderz

bigkidderz Well-Known Member

And bad enough to lose 0-2 to Hull at home, get absolute obliterated away at Southampton (very poor finishing from the Saints could have seen us lose 5 or 6-0), and show naivety beyond belief in the 2-1 away defeat to Leicester. Playing well and losing against the top teams means utterly nothing unfortunately. Bradley gave Arsenal a run for their money and secured a draw away at Everton, but we're going to selectively omit his better results from memory and only remember Guidolin's good ones? Nothing has changed for me between the two managers. Bradley has had us playing very well against Everton, Watford and Sunderland, and bar a crazy 10 minutes when we were 3-1 up and cruising, we were excellent against Palace. BUT all of our players are still prone to making 3 or 4 individual errors every game - most of them costly. And that's down to laziness, poor concentration, and a lack of respect for their team mates and fans. Neither Guidolin, Monk or Bradley have been able to cure this.

Did I think sacking Guidolin was the right choice? I personally wouldn't have, but I could see why we did, because we were losing games we shouldn't be losing and still losing the games that we should. I blame our transfer policy and our squad for our position. I don't question the ability of our squad, but I sure as hell question the commitment. Whether you like or don't like the manager, you should have a commitment to your fans and supporters to perform - that's what made Swansea great. We were a family club. A community. The players played for the fans and the fans appreciated the players - mutually. That's just not there anymore in my opinion. I get the feeling that most of our squad don't really care if we go down. They'll just move on to a new club and get on with life.

Monk and Guidolin had little say in the transfers when they were in charge and Bradley is yet to even see a transfer window. The old board have had too much control on transfers for me. We've consistently brought in dead wood who either sit around and collect a pay check, or leave within their first 12 months.

The one saving grace for me is that we've brought in Brian Flynn as a player scout. I hope to God that he still can work his magic and spot some gems for us for January.

4. PGFWhite

I mentioned Liverpool and Man City because those were the last two we played under Guidolin, and they showed a significant improvement with some of the best passing I've seen since the Laudrup regime. I felt we were going in the right direction although I'm aware that plenty of Swans fans didn't. Although we were "obliterated" in previous matches under Guidolin, we were still in the game in the 89th minute in all of them (apart from Hull). I disagree with you about "nothing has changed between the managers". We're not even competing now.

3-1 Stoke, gamo over after 73 minutes
    3-1 Man U, game over after 38 minutes
    5-0 Spurs, game over before half time
    3-1 West Brom, game over after 60 minutes
    3-0 Middlesborough, game over after 30 minutes

I can't see how Bradley can turn this slump in form around.

5. swanseaandproud

Nobody can without some serious investment.....

6. PGFWhite

Newcastle made a serious investment with a clown in charge......................

7. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

It wasn't meant to be cryptic. Your posts always suggest a good grasp of tactics and suggesting how to put things right :emoticon-0100-smile

8. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Bob is not fit to shine Franco's boots, and Dai is a simpleton!.............<ok>

9. bigkidderz

Oh shucks.. :emoticon-0111-blush

However I'd like to officially rule myself out of the running for the soon-to-be-vacant managerial position at Swansea City AFC. I hope the South Wales Evening Post has taken note. ;)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  10. bigkidderz

I can certainly see your point. I'm in no way asking us to keep Bradley in. But the fact remains that Guidolin struggled with the squad which he inherited from Monk, who was also struggling. Bradley is now facing the same struggle with very similar names in the squad.

Our issues are more than managerial in my opinion. Unfortunately our issues have spread throughout the club as a whole. Our squad is disinterested, lacks focus and doesn't seem to care that much. It's not like Chelsea, where the squad stopped playing for Mourinho, they changed managers and then sit top of the league again. Our squad hasn't performed well for 3 managers in a row - that leads me to believe that the issue isn't just managerial, but deeper than that. Board room level, throughout the squad, throughout the coaching team...and now the fans. There's an overall feeling that our club is disjointed and we can look for a scapegoat if we want (Bradley and the Americans), but I would bet my house that getting rid of them would not stop the rot. We've been on a downward slope for 3 years, not 3 months. We haven't signed anyone of note in the last 3 years that could stop the rot, but we've sold key players and have stayed reliant on an aging spine.

Our only real hope now is that our investors can fund some signings. I don't think we should break the bank (theirs or ours), but we need decent signings and fast - square pegs for square holes only (Ayew a classic case of a very good round peg for a square hole). Players who are hungry to succeed. I still think we have some players who are exactly that (Borja being one), but we need to get 2 wingers around him to give him some service. Our crossing at Boro and West Brom was truly horrendous. We had enough chances to put some decent balls into the box, but Montero, Routledge and, to a lesser extent, Barrow were all guilty of shocking crosses. We got in positions to put in enough crosses to score 3 or 4 goals or maybe more across the 2 games, but most of the crosses either didn't beat the first man, went straight out of play or were played in as poor cut-backs that didn't find the intended target's feet. For me, we need 2 new full backs who can actually defend, 2 new wingers who can actually cross, 1 centre back who is willing to put his body on the line, and 1 box-to-box goal scoring midfielder in the Pratley mould.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    swanseaandproud likes this.

11. swanseaandproud

You gave the reason <doh> He was a clown ..<laugh>..........Bob Has not brought any players in yet so unless your mystic meg you know jack ****....

12. PGFWhite

Has Bob had a positive effect on our Club?

13. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

I positively want to slap his bald head, if that counts?

14. DragonPhilljack

Me too! Anyone think we will give away any more 'PK's on our 'Road Trips'....... <laugh>

15. swanseaandproud

Yes definitely as much as expected after inheriting a run down team.....the players love the way he does things and now he has rightly cancelled the players xmas party we all know how serious he is......

16. PGFWhite

His tenure has seen us concede 25 goals in 10 games, accelerating our demise. Do you think that is acceptable?

17. DragonPhilljack

Player power won't like that, bad move, look out for no more wins for 2016!................<laugh>

18. swanseaandproud

err the poor defenders did that <doh>

19. swanseaandproud

The dont deserve a xmas party..more training is what is needed even though Curtis and co have been poor themselves...

20. DragonPhilljack

They didn't do that under Franco, we ship goals for fun under clueless Bob, was never such under Franco though!.................<ok>