1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

"It's a funny old game, Brian "

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by LIBERTARIAN, Jan 23, 2017.

1. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

I just love the irony that finds Tom Carroll, after his first match even, in Garth Crooks' team of the week.

This surely can't be the same Tom Carroll whose return to the Club was greeted so negatively on this Forum ? <laugh>

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38711481

Llorente is also included.

Whilst Garth Crooks, together with his fabled 'Team of the week', are often mocked, it is an indication of how players are seen on a broader landscape.

To have two players included, and not for the first time, is quite an achievement for Swansea City F.C.

So, well done to both players, and well done to Garth Crooks for being brave enough to include them. <applause>

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  2. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Well said Vetch.

I for one had doubts about what Tom Carroll would add when looking at our existing squad. He did really well on his "debut".

One swallow does not a Summer make - but it's a start!

Here's hoping we can kick on from here, beginning against Southampton next Tuesday!

DragonPhilljack and LIBERTARIAN like this.
  3. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

He was excellent, but it is one game, he does that consistently and he will be a hell of a signing. As Taff says one swallow and all that. But not a bad start.

4. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

Understand the early reservations, but I think at least we now know he's got it in his locker. Think young Tom is desperate to prove himself. Hopefully we are the one's that benefit...

Some players find it difficult to find the 'right club' to shine, we maybe that club.

5. LIBERTARIAN

Of course, "one swallow..." doesn't do it, but it's nice to see that he knows where his wings are, and what they are for. <ok>

swantastic and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  6. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I agree. I based my reservations on what he'd done for us previously, and that's not unreasonable, I think. If he goes on and performs the way he did on Saturday he may well be a key factor in keeping us up and I never thought I'd say that.

7. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

You do love a bit of irony, don't you <laugh>

OFF TOPIC: I was watching Denis Istomin in the Australian Open Tennis (he knocked Djokovic out). I was wondering whether, if he got hay fever, that he would take an anti-istomin tablet. Yes,get in <laugh>

8. LIBERTARIAN

<laugh> Love it. An allergy free pun.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  9. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

If he can keep crossing the ball like that every week the I will be one happy chappy (so will Llorente). Once Narsingh is playing down the other side Llorente will be spoilt for choice

10. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

It wasn't so much a " Carroll " thing for me as a " Midfielder " thing and still sort of is . We need defence and attack backup far more than midfield and still do .

11. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Carol never set the stage alight when he was on loan with us in 2014, he was average at best, though I had seen some very neat passing from him the few games he played last season (2015/16), so I was definitely not expecting his offensive drive and work rate he showed at Liverpool, it was as if he really had something to prove, and that desire I hope he continues to display, there were definitely shades of Joe Allen in his performance at Anfield, and if he can maintain that standard, I will be very pleased indeed, he played out of his skin, great performance on his debut................<ok>

12. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I hope he is not another player that will add to our long list of one game wonders. His crosses was top draw an just what we need so i hope he can be consistent enough that will enable him to be the first name on the team sheet....

13. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Been on holiday Dai? They have all missed you!!........................<laugh>