1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is it my imagination.....................

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by ForestHillBilly, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Thing is even if we get promoted, we'll still have the same attendance. I don't think they get that we just don't like them and nothing they do will change that.

Literally when I hear either Katrien or Roland speak, I want to dub this song over it, because it accurately depicts how 98% of Charlton fans feel:

2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

At one of the fans' meetings, I think it was the CAFCTrust one, the CEO was asked why she thought fans had stopped attending home matches, and she replied that she thought it was because of the ownership. They may be clueless when it comes to running a football club, but they aren't deaf and blind:emoticon-0181-fubar:emoticon-0183-swear<diva>:emoticon-0183-swear

3. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

Duchatelet is not a fool, and Meire is probably not a fool either.
    Yet they have, between them, done many very foolish things since RD too over Charlton Athletic.

In RD's case I put his actions down to a combination of him being a dreamer, whose success and wealth has given him the means to try out his vision of a different way for Club football. In mainland Europe his ideas might not seem so strange to other continentals, though he provoked a truly hostile reaction from a section of the Std Liege fan base.
    But RD is too well insulated from the problems he has caused at Charlton. Only occasionally is he reminded of them by the stunts of the Belgium 20. He seems to believe they are just a handful of trouble makers, like CARD.
    Those organisations may not speak directly for Charlton fans (many of whom have issues with the way they have influenced the protests) but in a general way their attitude does reflect how much many fans dislike what RD has done to Charlton. Duchatelet just does not seem to comprehend that.

As for KM, I must simply assume she lives mostly within a circle of peers (other business and professional types) and she can't see the world from any other point of view. She must be intelligent, but chooses not to reach out from the environment she feels secure in.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  4. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Hard to argue with any of that in truth, Lardi. I'd also that that when you have the two individuals in power only in contact by telephone that it's impossible to know everything that's going on as you're relying on second hand information. That can't be a good thing IMO.

5. ForestHillBilly

Following up your earlier suggestion that Roland is protecting his "niece", he would feel that if we got promoted her CV would still be respectable (on the surface), so he would be able to sell up without any guilt. Would be strange, but Roland is a strange one.

6. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

when i think of meire i come up with only that she acts like some of the f*cktards you get on the apprentice. she thinks making appearances at conferences is the done thing. she doesnt care for the club, what she does here is just a tool to enrich her cv. she probably thought in the beginning she would just turn up, trample, and no one here would be bright enough to question her.

i think where she has gone wrong is in the underestimating of the fans here. we're not the sort to just blindly accept what's in front of us or be led by a crap unsupported dictator; much like they do in europe.

7. ForestHillBilly

Yes but now she's in the huff!

8. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Duchatelet and squirrel face are obviously intelligent people, in Duchatelet's case, also very successful. Unfortunately the pair of twats have not got a clue about the mechanics of football.

I genuinely wish that squirrel face can have the gag taken away from her big fat mouth as she is pure comedy gold.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  9. The Elfsborg Sparrow

I have said repeatedly that this lot would have been gone 18 months ago if we had the fanbase of the spanners.

10. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Yep, and any football man they appointed didn't like being told how it was by two individuals that knew little to nothing about the game.

The appointment of Fraeye was two fingers up to football. Fortunately that experiment seemed to bring on some sort of change. Relegation was the icing on the cake.

Beware of the virus likes this.

11. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Don't slag off my mate Karel.

12. ForestHillBilly

I find myself actually looking forward to our next home game rather than dreading it.

13. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps?, the end of the beginning....... Sir Winston Churchill