1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ipswich Town V PNE.

Discussion in 'Preston' started by theflyingplumber, Apr 27, 2011.

1. theflyingplumber

Northenders and all football supporters.

On Saturday we play away at Ipswich Town in our last away fixture in this League for at least a season. Yes the whites have been relegated with two games left to play.
    The League table doesn't lie and sad to admit but PNE deserve to go down.

Ipswich are safe but with no chance of a playoff place either, so then two teams who have nothing left to play for except pride in wearing their respective teams shirts.
    You can throw in one or two extra things that could influence the result such as players playing for a new contract, players seeking to impress other club representatives (who might be present) with a view to moving on at the season end. There are others as well
    such as young players being given their opportunity and the team managers wanting to end the season on a high. :emoticon-0104-surpr

Could this end up as what is known as a typical end of season game, were fans are ready for the final whistle after the first 10 minutes, and letting the Ref know their feelings.

PNE have done very well in the past few seasons at Portman Road so even though it is a fair way to travel etc, that doesn't seem to have had a detrimental effect in the past. Have to say though that the current PNE team is not like the PNE teams that have previously done well.

So then how are these two teams going to approach this end of season fixture and what will be the likely result. ?????
    For me I just dont have a clue neither have I any clue what the team selection will be.

Will it be a feast of flowing football now the pressure is off, or the same old same old story that players are tired and just want the season to end.
    How can Phil Brown rouse the troops after such a disastrous calamity of an Easter, can Phil Brown rouse himself after his bitter disappointment at losing the relegation fight.

Following the Cardiff game and relegation was confirmed, Brown stated that "next season starts now" so expect some team changes in the PNE line up.

It's over to you now supporters, come on I know there is a lot of doom and gloom about but even so fixtures have to be completed. Give it your best shot and post your thoughts on this thread..<ok>

Game Result: Ipswich Town 2.........PNE 1.

A 2-1 home win for the Tractor boys but much to be pleased about for Northenders, PNE doing well to fight back from two early setback goals and taking the game to Ipswich in the second half.

TFP
    :smile:

2. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Evening Plumb, suspect a mix and match side.some youngstrers will play, suspect most loanees won't. Suspect Jewell will demand a decent performance from the Tractors after the 5-1 hammering at home to Norwich last week. Could be a hiding but it doesn't matter really seasons over and pastures new await.

3. theflyingplumber

Evening Maclad..<ok>

I think very much as your good self, and it will be a mix and match team. Also agree that Jewell will be looking for a very strong response following Ipswich's very poor result against Norwich. Not sure how the Ipswich fans view last weeks defeat other than anger and frustration, I suppose there has to be a reason player problems in the camp maybe or just a shocking day at the office. The fans will also be looking at their players and maybe the manager as well.

Very strange fixture to predict, just dont think you can to be honest.

4. themaclad

Lonergan and Russell not in squad for Tractor boys game, looks like the end for Lonners at Deepdale

5. Majestic

Majestic New Member

Greetings TFP from "the real" Majestic :biggrin:

6. Majestic

Majestic New Member

One highlight is the fact that Hume wants to stay at PNE. I think he will be a key player for us next season and will destroy many sides in League One. Bit of a non-entity this game with only pride to play for. We'll probably win this and the Watford game knowing us! I see Phil Brown is trying to woo Neil Mellor. Personally I wouldn't want to see Mellor back at Deepdale. He's 28 now and never fulfilled his early promise. If he can't do it now he never will and for me he never has so I would rather see him off the wage bill and give somebody younger a chance who wants to play for the club....

7. themaclad

Expect Hume to get at least 20 goals next season as for Mellor he can score at this level but he's had his chance with us and has not taken it.

8. finneyfan

finneyfan Member

I thinik we will be stuck with Mellor given the wages he's on.
    If he plays we might as well get behind him and hope for a 20 goal season from him, same as he's achieved this year.
    he and Hume could be a potent force in league 1.

9. themaclad

Procter and Miller likely to start today

10. finneyfan

finneyfan Member

Now is a good time to try the young guns out, no pressure, I'm all for it, personally I don't care if we go down bottom or not, we are down anyway so let's see how the young ones perform

11. mid010101

mid010101 New Member

We have to try for 3rd from bottom so when QPR get sent down with a big fine and 96 point deduction when FA meet. They will go down with bottom 2

12. theflyingplumber

Victory for Ipswich by 2-1 but much to be pleased about for Northenders.
    Several youngsters introduced following their recent great results at Youth and reserve team level, highlight's being beating the lashers 9-0 in a youth game and beating the Dingles in a reserve team fixture.

Brown gave some of them their reward by selecting them for this fixture at Portman Road. Proctor apparently caused the Ipswich defence plenty of problems with his pace and aggressive style and unlucky not to get his name on the score sheet.

By all accounts all the youngsters did well and Northend could and should have got something from this game but again couldn't capitalise on their numerous opportunities.
    Looking better for next season though with the youngsters now maturing and gaining experience all the time. Did well to fight back after the early setback of conceding two goals.

It's all about next season now and Brown is doing the right thing in giving other players the chance to take his eye ready for a big fight in Div 1.

<ok>

13. themaclad

Yes Plumbs, sounded like a half decent performance, good time to blood some of the younger lads, no pressure on them let's see what they can do.

14. lilywhite forever

Sounds as though the boys gave a good account of themselves and left Portman Road with a very respectable result, all things considered.
    The youngsters will have taken heart in the fact that they weren't disgraced in front of a big home crowd, so well done to them.
    I feel a little bit more upbeat than I did this time last week. And a big thumbs up to the Northenders that made the trip <ok>

15. theflyingplumber

Totaly agree Liliywhite forever.

The relegation hurt will start to ease once the season is over and things start to take shape for next season. I hope the youngsters get another run out against Watford and with luck end the season on a winning note, would do them and everyone else a power of good...<ok>

:emoticon-0100-smile