1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Internationals watch

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by hevvykevvy, Oct 6, 2016.

1. hevvykevvy

hevvykevvy Member

Looks like Brady could be out for a while. Taken off after a clash of heads, hope its not too serious.

2. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

He was conscious whe he was stretcherd off so fingers crossed.

3. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Thought to have had concussion so likely to miss Eires next match, but I believe he should be available for Rotherham. But it may be worth resting him just in case, and giving Pritchard or Josh a runout.

Walsh.i.am and JM Fan like this.
  4. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I agree, to be honest the only three players we could lose to injury that bring about a degree of panick are Klose, Olsson and Jerome, because we lack quality cover for those positions and the team really goes backwards without them.

Bah!

5. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Fair point General, but I'd like to see what Basil could do given a start, especially against the likes of Rotherham. I accept that Jerome should probably score more goals, but ther's no way you can fault his workrate for the team.

Walsh.i.am and oldcanariesfan like this.
  6. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

The highlights of the Barnet game showed Pritchard to be full of energy, style and finesse. I'd not be too worried about Brady not being available for Rotherham as we have good options for replacing him (Pritchard, Josh, move Jacob left, play Canos right, etc).

The General's comments about the vulnerability of losing Klose and Olsson are not quite so amplified if we lose Brady for a game or two - he's important to the team for sure, but we do have a Plan B, C and D should he not be available. I, like Braveheart, would like to see what Basil can do, and it would be good to see him get a start against the Millers.

JM Fan likes this.
  7. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I think at the moment the only key players we can't afford to lose to long term injury are Klose, Jerome, Howson and possible Dorrans.

8. General Melchett

Losing Klose is the biggest and most damaging loss because of how much we lose, Jerome we can't quite know yet because Oliviera is still untried in the league to a large extent, but as the only other option it is a position we are too thin on the ground in. Like I said I think Olsson would be the next biggest loss, who would you replace him with? Brady is OK there but we definitely look more shaky in his absense.
    I'm not sure we have a midfielder who we can't afford to lose though, Dorrans is in excellent form and Howson is a top player for us but. We performed OK without Howson at Wolves, and if we had played Howson instead of Dorrans I don't think we would have been significantly weakened. For The centre we have Thompson or Mulumbu who are not far off Tettey and could function there in place of JH or GD. And obviously play any 2 of those and we have all that other talent in the AM mould. I can't see that any midfield loss is critical.

Bah!

oldcanariesfan and JM Fan like this.
  9. goldeneadie

I have heard nothing about Klose being involved in the Swiss national squad this week. If not, he will be having a chance for a break. IMO he is the ONLY player in our squad we can ill afford to rotate, meaning he is needed to play each and every game. At least, until we successfully recruit a Bassong upgrade in January (Tongue very firmly in cheek ). :emoticon-0110-tongu

10. cardinalcanary

cardinalcanary Active Member

Klose was an unused sub I think.

11. cardinalcanary

cardinalcanary Active Member

JM Fan likes this.
  12. goldeneadie

Just seen the stats for N. Ireland v San Marino. Ireland had 34 shots at goal, and Kyle scored 2.

13. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Ended up with a hat trick - when he has played in yellow and green, he always seems to struggle in much the same way as Redmond played well for the Englan under 21s, but ......
    Why can't England managers see what the fans see - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37598940

Glad I didn't even bother to follow the Scotland game, as they only just scraped a draw!!! <doh>
    I see Whaittaker wasn't even on the bench

14. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

I don't think Whittaker was named in the squad BH. Naismith was in the squad but didn't make the bench #trendforming

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  15. goldeneadie

Not sure where you saw that Lafferty got an hatrick BH. Ward, Davis and Laffs two make up the score of four.

16. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Oops, must have been looking through the haze when I first woke up!!! <doh>
    Looks like we may just have to offload both Naismith and Whittaker in January and write off the money we splashed out on Naismith. I think it was KIO who said that he was a complete waste of money.

17. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sunday Times pretty much nails last night's "performance" - and bear in mind the
    sweaty socks stuck five (5) past them away from home <doh>

please log in to view this image

18. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Says it all really!!!!

canary-dave likes this.
  19. General Melchett

The thing that drives me potty is that irrespective of which clueless clown is managing England we seem to try the same things whatever the opponent. Yesterday we were against poor opposition and played with one up top, we rarely had options in and around the box. Whilst Sturridge scored a cracking header and had another saved we rarely had s threat in the box. With 70% of the ball why not have a second big man in there? Surely there is a better way to beat an 11 man defence than try to pass through them. So often we had the ball wide and only had one player in front of the ball. It's the continued lack of tactical thought and playing of Rooney that is cursing this team.

Bah!

20. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

For me, Southgate has shown he's not up for the job by his post-match rant about the fans getting on Rooney's back! If he couldn't see what that was all about, he has no knowledge of football at all!

I reckon he was trying to back Rooney to cover his own mistake of not only selecting Rooney but keeping him as captain!

JM Fan likes this.