1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Injuries / late summer signings / academy use

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Clearly been a good start however it's only a start and we'll know a hell of a lot more this week with Millwall A and Brentford H to come.

However, injuries are really racking up now...
    * Dozzell out all season
    * Webster out a month
    * Smith out two months
    * Adeyemi still out - surely can't be too far off now!?
    * Huws - same as Adeyemi. Hopefully both can get an U23 game in
    * Hyam - not sure there's any point in me listing him as he's forever out but another CM injury
    * Bishop. Supposedly injured however something with me doesn't add up with Teddy. May be being cynical I don't know!
    * Ward. Perhaps slight knock, but missed Barnsley all the same....

Clearly we're in the market for a defender, Mick's said as much and it's patently obvious. Apart from this, are you happy with what we've signed, or do you feel we need strengthening in an area or 2 yet?

Personally, another winger + defender would maybe see me happy. I know Celina + Rowe have yet to add to us in the league, however a couple of injuries out wide would make 4-4-2 difficult to play unless Mick did Sears wide right which he did vs Barnsley to success.

Massive shout out to Klug / the kids too. We're playing with several out and how many minutes various players will get remains to be seen with certain players back from injury. Time will tell. However -

* Kenlock * Dozza ( get well soon ) * Downes * Nydam * McDonnell * Wolfenden all around and knocking on the door. I know we've had Dyer / Wickham / Rhodes / Ambrose but I honestly cannot recall a time in my life supporting the blue and white we've had collectively such a promising bunch! Makes me so proud to support the ITFC.

2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Truth is that despite all the bluster from Milne at the end of last season saying that "there is money to spend" we have hardly spent fook all again! We have let more players go than we have brought in and unfortunately the plan is unravelling before our eyes! Yes we have won a few games but the squad is psinfully small and will not be able to cope with the rigours of a tough season. McGoldrick will get injured as he always does and Tommy and Webster are walking sick notes!! The elastic has been stretched during these 3 games and it will not be long before it snaps completely. The board has shown a total lack of competence again this Summer in making funds available for more quality recruits and it's a gross dereliction of duty IMO. Those poor suckers that have been conned into buying season tickets are the ones that I most feel sorry for!

3. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

So just a CB for us before the deadline, or a surprise signing !?