1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

In, In, Linked

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by g3org3cafc, May 25, 2011.

1. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Somedo stays....he`s the heartbeat of theteam if we had players with half his commotment we`d go up as champions no problem

2. Nathcafcbysea

Nathcafcbysea Member

Dean Cox from Leyton Orient formerly of Brighton has been linked as has Leon Legge, my understanding is that Leon Legge is a good bet!... A young player who has the potential to play at that higher level!

3. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

Commitment is great Mike but we need players with the two key ingredients...

Commitment and Quality.

One without the other is no good. Imo Semedo lacks the quality to play CM and therefore should be moved to CB. If he's not happy with that then au revoir.

4. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

I agree Franco, its been said before that when the ball is played to him in CM, he slows the game down too much. I remember his first game covering RB and he was given man of the match and played great there. Can't remember him having a poor game at RB but I may be wrong. I would like to see him given a shot at CB so hopefully he's given a chance there, but I doubt he will.

5. ForEverAnAddick

6. Scratchingvalleycat

Scratchingvalleycat Active Member

I'd wait until the ink is dry until I counted him out. Ridsdale may well be stating that to increase the interest that we have shown and see if we will come in with a higher bid. Then there are the personal terms that the player has to agree....

It may well be the case that he ends up a Bristol but I hope powell pushes for what he wants if he wants him.

7. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

I think somedo is excellent in centre mid myself....oh well we cant all agree

8. SeCafc

SeCafc New Member

overhaul.

9. Franco5

Fair do's Mike, different opinion is what makes the world go round... Ask yourself one question though...

What have we achieved in the last few years with our beloved Jose exclusively in the heart of our midfield?

Imo the answer is absolutely sweet Fanny Adams. The only half decent year we've had with him playing there was when he was joined by the best midfielder in the league (Nicky Bailey).

I don't know a single Charlton fan who doesn't love Jose for his heart and commitment, but is he the answer in the middle of the park?

10. Hell Ben-t on Bradley Pritchard

Legge would be a very good signing from what I've seen, young defender, with pace and height, has been constantly improving. He's the kind of player I think we should be trying to get hold of. Like Matt Taylor of Exeter as well, real solid pro defender.

As for Jose, I think he suits our most natural formation of 4-5-1, but our managers aren't allowed to play 4-5-1 because the fans said so

11. Franco5

Who'd be your one up top in a 451 Hell Bent?

For the life of me i can't see BWP being able to do that job, his all round game just isn't good enough.

Imo we must play 442 with two wide men who consistently put crosses into our front men. The supply must be consistent and not once or twice a game so our front men are able to anticipate the delivery instead of reacting to it.

Imo we do not have the personnel to effectively deploy a 451.

12. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

I know exactly what you mean about 4-5-1 as I think we could have good enough players to play 3 in central midfield - but agree about SWP

Still think we need a target man to play either the lone role or with BWP if we play 4-4-2 ... don't think Benson has that aerial threat to do this

Think we need to be bullying teams next season .... like Soton and Brighton did

13. Franco5

I agree we need a menacing lump of a forward to allow us to deploy a plan B when required.

I've seen enough to convince me that 442 will work for us. In BWP and Benson we've got two forwards well capable of scoring 35 goals between them. Shore things up at the back and get crosses into the box with regularity and i firmly believe we've hot enough to mix it at the business end of this league.

14. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

Exodus Geohaghon has just been made available by Posh.

As we're being linked with any CB who can stand up unaided at the moment, I thought I'd just throw this into the mix.

He may not be the best CB in the division, but I'd guess he's the biggest. Decent player but significantly he's failed to make a significant impression since he left the Conference.