1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

In all seriousness....

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Busby 's Babe, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Busby 's Babe

Busby 's Babe Active Member

Congratulations on your win today, you deserved it.

You guys always raise your game for us while, annoyingly, we never seem as up for it as you are.

Carragher's tackle was a bad one but I'm not for one minute going to try and claim that he set out to hurt/injure anyone.

Rafael's tackle was stupid. You could argue that he was only making that challenge out of anger at Carragher's tackle on Nani but but for me that is irrelevant, two wrongs don't make and right and it was stupid.

Both challenges could have resulted in red cards but I think the referee handle it well and stopped things from getting out of hand.

2. Roberto

Roberto Member

Red cards always ruin this fixture so it was good to see all 11 from both stay on the pitch.

3. Busby 's Babe

I agree. At least Vidic couldn't have been sent off for once <laugh>

4. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

IN all seriousness it could've descended into a right needle after Rafael's and Skrtel's handbags. But it seemed everybody was under orders to be respectful today and mostly they remembered to.

5. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

We do seem to rise to the occasion, but we do the same at Arsenal and Chelsea to be fair. I think Ferguson got the tactics wrong today and he's probably kicking himself at the moment.

Simply it was a very enjoyable game from a LFC fan's point of view - it wasn't just we beat you, but we played like a side possessed. I honestly believe we could have beaten anyone in the world if we played like that consistently. Unfortunately the lads have all lacked the motivation to get that kind of consistency going since the 2008/09 season.

Carra's tackle for me at the time didn't like too bad, the cut did - but when Nani got up I just assumed typical theatrics, Carragher shouldn't even get a yellow if Nani is going to get up, argue with the referee and then drop like a sack of potatoes again. In the end I think Phil Dowd did very well for keeping control of the game and letting it run.

6. Busby 's Babe

I thought our lineup looked good, it's just that our central midfield is so awful at the moment.

7. Roberto

Roberto Member

Same thing every United fan i know has been saying for yonks! You need to overhaul that big time and just cut your losses on Carrick & Anderson. Just my opinion that last bit <ok>

8. Busby 's Babe

Fletcher, Anderson and Carrick all have enough talent but just seem so useless at the moment, they seem to have lost all form for the past season or so.

9. Noblelox

Noblelox Well-Known Member

But will the Glazers cough up the readies to start the rebuild?

10. Busby 's Babe

We have spent when necessary under them before and if reports are to be believed the debts are gradually reducing.

11. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

I'll tell you what Ferguson did with his line-up.He committed footballing suicide.Its so simple it is unbelievable.Why on earth he didn't start Fletcher is one of those unanswered questions.I know Fletcher is like Dirk Kuyt,a no talent grafter,but sometimes you need these players to grab the game by the scruff.Carrick is a luxury,Liverpool have one in Joe Cole,Its the reason why Joe Cole didn't start,we needed battlers.We had battlers,warriors.Carrick isn't one of those.Liverpool got into Man Uniteds faces and tormented them,Liverpool did to Man United what West Ham did to Liverpool last week,Kenny was without question upset by this and ensured that it didn't happen again and he instructed Liverpool to go out and torment Man United,and they did it to perfection.Man United had no answer to Liverpools exuberance.You can have as much flair further up the pitch as you like,but if you don't boss the midfield,you are on a hiding to nothing in these games.Liverpool won the midfield,they didn't win it,they owned it.Carrick and Scholes were Lucas and Gerrards bitches.They owned them.Its the reason why Rooney was anonymous.

12. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Carrick, Fletcher and Anderson all do well when they are playing alongside Scholes on top form. Scholesy just hasn't been as sharp this season as he was back in 2008 and 2009. If we replace Scholes with someone in the style of Sneijder or Iniesta, I think all three of them would all get their form back cos they could play clearly defined roles with the new player making the play. Like Noblelox says, I just hope the money is there. In all honesty I expect it will be - spending £25-30 mill on a vital new midfielder would make much more sense than the £30 mill we spent on Berbatov back in 2008, and our finances are in much better shape now than they were then.

13. Roberto

Roberto Member

Sneijder would be good for you guys and I think he'd sign for you. Can't see Iniesta myself, without being disrespectful I think Manu is a step down from Barca and Iniesta is a barca boy through and through!

You never know though as I never thought El Judas would sign for Chavski but there you have it! lol