1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I'm a Monk fan, BUT...

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Yes I knew that Polak, thought you were buggering off to Spain..<doh>

2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Your brexit supporting mates and a family issue have postponed that for a while. When the dust settles you will be shot of me.

3. Irishshako

I could not care about politics Glory, I care about you and all my 606 mates.end of

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  4. Chippy / Glory

****ing hell have I woken up in little house on the prairie.

Farsleyexile and Irishshako like this.
  5. Irishshako

<laugh>

6. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

or

upload_2017-1-29_20-53-7.jpeg

7. davy

davy Well-Known Member

I'll be Hoss, you be Little Joe.<laugh>

Don't know what all the fuss is about, Monk played a team that suggested he didn't care if we went out, it happened, Time might suggest it's a good thing, none of us know at this point.

We learned some things though.

Some of the youngsters need development ( Denton, Mallik - and fair play to the lad for even being there - Coyle,). Grimes doesn't care about Leeds, insufficient effort. Bye.

Antonsson has never got to grips with English football, sad but true.

Basically, if you put out a side used to playing semi-competitive football against seasoned opposition, even if not professionals, they'll get bossed.

We need another option at CH - Cooper is still suspect.

<ok>

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  8. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Got your Bonanza and Robin Hood mixed a bit . I was never a fan of Garry Monk " The Manager " but credit where credit is due . Not that the wheels might well still come off for Monk at Leeds but he's doing something more right than any of the other " Revolving Door " managers did .

DragonPhilljack and Farsleyexile like this.
  9. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Well spotted Roofer, edited. Little Joe was the Michael Landon character.

All round good guys, just like me, Shaks, OLOF and Eire. Eire's Hoss.

10. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

Oooh, no, I'll be Hoss and you can be little Joe and you can ride me round the paddock. We'll get Parsley to be ring master. What fun !! <smooch>

11. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Get lost @rse bandit. <ok>

<cheers>

12. brisbane-lion

Oooh, Davy, what a spoil sport your are. <wah>

13. brisbane-lion

C'mon, you guys. Monk's the best you've had in a couple of seasons. The guy is doing wonders for a team of ****e players. Give him a fair go.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  14. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

You and your 'frame by frame' go out and have a beer ffs <laugh>

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  15. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

With respects Ristac, and not pointing any fingers,

some continually say Silvestri has a lack of communication problem..............how does anyone know? can they hear everything from where they are stood, or sat in their armchair?

Some also say Green is a good communicator.............again...........how does anyone know? I'll repeat the line above?

I can understand those who go to match and are parked close to the keeper having an opinion, but it's only for 1 half, and maybe not every match. I don't see too much communication from Green either, he doesn't exactly spend his time shouting at the defence, if he is he must be doing it quietly without too much hand movement.

Green makes howler after howler, but he should be number 1.

Silvestri, who has hardly put a foot wrong in the cup games he's played in is being continually relegated to number 2, yet has hardly put a foot wrong this season.

One incident during the Sutton match and everyone says they can see why Silvestri is number 2, yet the incident wasn't Silvestri's fault and the ref should've blown for an infringement on keeper, even Silvestri knew that, but the ref was crap.

Silvestri made some fine saves, and some difficult saves, if he hadn't it could well have been 2 or 3-0.

For the record, Silvestri, during his first 2 seasons had 10 mom awards, 5 per season, that is a good feat for any keeper, he also kept 23 clean sheets, 12 in his first season and 9 in his second, all without the luxury of playing behind our present 1st team defence.

Since 2009, Green has had 3 mom awards (none at Leeds) and kept 11 clean sheets this season, all with the luxury of playing behind our current 1st team defence.

Green has pulled off some good saves, so has Silvestri.

Coyle was at fault for the penalty, it was clear to see. There is an age old saying in football, been around for decades, when in doubt, kick it out, Coyle didn't; I was taught that one at school from a teacher coach.

Seems to be a lot of criticism of Silvestri through people's dislike for him, ie, their dislike for Silvestri is doing the talking, which in turn makes them favour, and defend Green more, despite Greens many howlers and faults.

Don't know if anyone's noticed, but Monk keeps his signings and is getting rid of everyone else's.

Whitejock likes this.
  16. Irishshako

Monk is not a Leeds Utd supporter, because if he was he'd have played a stronger side. It's the fans who traveled who I feel sorry for. Monk may not have cared about the FA cup, but a lot of supporters did. He now has to at least claim a play-off play. If he doesn't, well he may well get the bullet.<ok>

Whitejock and ristac like this.
  17. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

****ing disgraceful line up and disgraceful performance Shaks, we may as well have forfeited the tie, at least then we wouldn't have been embarrassed and would've saved those who travelled and paid to watch that ****e a few bob

A real kick in the teeth and an insult to those away fans. It wouldn't be so bad if the lazy ****s representing Leeds at least put some effort in. Stringing two passes together would've been a good start, not too much to ask against a bunch of part timers

18. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

You mean they suffer from the same fault as you in your judgment of Wood & Green?

19. Chippy / Glory

If you ever went to a game you would hear green barking instructions constantly, you would also notice smudger never speaks to other players...

20. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

First thing Monk did when he took over as our manager , after we knocked Man U out of the FA Cup 4th round in Old Trafford under Laudrup , was chuck a rag bag team out for our fifth round game against Everton and we got bumped out .....He was also handed a final 16 position in Europa and it was an away and home and out .Was fairly pissed off at the time .