1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

If we dont go up?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by anyobrien, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, we were really hoping you would beat Wednesday & Leeds and be gone by now.

Here's hoping we can do you a big favour next week at Huddersfield, but it's a pretty big ask!

2. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

We looked very much like winning on Friday night. We were unlucky to draw.

3. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

That's true but that was more because Leeds were awful and came to defend, Gouffran, Perez and Mitroshit were all they usual level of ****. Funny how Rafa keeps being these players, can't get the best out of a player like Diame. With the expectation of Friday we've been a disgrace since Huddersfield and don't deserve to go up.

Sheikh_of_Araby and Consett Mag like this.
  4. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Don't agree.

If we are in the top two at the end of the season then we deserve to go up. If we're not then we don't deserve to go up.

Promotion is based on the season not part of it.

5. General Lee Speaking

The league table suggests otherwise. I take your point that we've been lacklustre in some games but to say we've been a disgrace is unfair. Nothing is ever good enough for our fans.

magpie290761 and Flash like this.
  6. General Lee Speaking

Leeds didn't come to defend either. They started the game very attacking but we got to grips with them and pegged them back. The team deserves credit for decent play.

7. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

We were promoted effectively 6 weeks ago after Huddersfield, now we are relying on teams like Derby to get over the line, not had hard games either, I mean Birmingham have lost 6 of the 7 at home and we drew 0-0 in that run, outplayed by two strikers like Sears and McGoldrick today, lucky against Wigan who other teams are battering, the Sheff Wed and Fulham games we were comfortably 2nd best. If that's doing well then oh dear, players didn't even try today and have been playing for weeks as if we are already up. Rafa not putting it right either, we might be lucky and get away with it.

Consett Mag likes this.
  8. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

I blame Albert.

It all started going wrong when he went all mrtiote doom-and-gloom, reverse-psychology, insurance-bet-tastic on us. Splitter!

Albert, if you don't start fckng saying we'll WIN AND GET PROMOTED, then I'll personally fckng rip you new fckng a-hole. <ok>

9. Obi Wan

<ok> you might hopefully secure a play off place in the process too.

10. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

I think the thing that most of us are concerned at is the fact that we are proper making this hard work. We are going up second now when rafas remit was most likely to go up in style as champions.

The fact that we are making it so hard work does not bode well for next season at all. We are limping over the line and we will get battered every game next season if we play remotely as bad as today.

11. Obi Wan

Tactics! IF we do go up, then limping over the line looking poor might, might, just motivate Mike to invest more in the squad in the summer, whereas if we'd stormed the league it would have been harder for Rafa to fight for more funds. Clever chap that Rafa. <whistle>

12. General Lee Speaking

Firstly, we will have a different team and secondly we won't play as badly in every game as we did today. Next season will be different again, although I have no doubt whatsoever that we'll all find something to complain about no matter what happens.

magpie290761 likes this.
  13. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

Diame, Perez, Colback, Mitrovic and now Lascelles. Our team isn't that good. It can't be if it allows these lot in, with many of that lot un-droppable.
    We lost today to a team who don't have 2 pound coins to rub together.
    It's hugely concerning. Our January window no-show appears to be the point that our wheels came off.

14. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

Struggling to come back with anything that makes your post any more stupid.

But here goes. That reply was nearly as bad as our performance today.

15. General Lee Speaking

Wasn't very good mate but well done for giving it a go.

16. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I can't believe anyone would suggest we didn't deserve to go up if we finish 2nd? That is just fruitcake talk. You finish where you deserve to finish. So far we've been the 2nd best team in a very poor league. Yes given the money we've spent outgoings wise, the money we are paying our manager, the squad we have, you'd have expected a lot more. We have without doubt underachieved. However its madness to suggest we don't deserve to go up if we finish 2nd.

17. Beardsley's Stylist

Beardsley's Stylist Well-Known Member

What did people expect?

If you thought we would cruise this league, breaking records on the way then you must of forgotten which team you support. This is Newcastle, expect a nervy ending to the season.

18. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

We're 2nd top. We can't really complain! I didn't expect to be around the top of the league most of the season, but obviously hoped we'd do well to bounce back up to the Premiership.

I expected that we'd play well at home, at least some of time. So the Leeds performance was welcome, if not the result and tactics for the last 10 minutes.

Whatever happens this season, I think there'll be major changes in the summer.

magpie290761 likes this.
  19. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Given our superior goal difference, we need another four points to go up. If we can't do that in our remaining three games, the players and manager ought to be shot with shyte......and in front of Fenwicks window at that.

Ellis Short Is and J. J. McClure like this.
  20. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

They would need to book in.

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.