1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

If the choice was Snodgrass or staying up?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Craigo, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

Just playing Devil's Advocate, but would you sell Snodgrass for say £10M if that cash was used to give us a better chance of staying up?

2. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

Yes! It's the club before individuals! But if the question was go down & lose the Allams that would be an easier one!

Evington and Kempton like this.
  3. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I'm not sure we'll stay up without him. He's scored and set up the majority of our goals.also all the clubs linked so far are rivals for the drop. Why weaken ourselves and strengthen a relegation rival? Particularly Middlesbrough, who I think are firmly back in the ****. Seems they aren't happy with Karanka <laugh>

4. Skidby Plastic

Skidby Plastic Well-Known Member

Too many unknowns for those of us not ITK to judge surely?

IF his head's elsewhere already and the full fee's reinvested in areas our lopsided squad is weak then you'd take it all day.

IF he bleeds black and amber and the money's going towards paying off the debt (which I know wasn't your question) then he's our most effective match-winner and worth a hell of a lot more to us than pretty much any real world fee we'd get.

The truth is probably somewhere in between, but I'd want to hold out for more than £10M, whatever the current rumours of his price are.

Howden Tigress likes this.
  5. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

Just playing Devils advocate myself; who on earth are you gonna get for £10 mill, to slot straight in AND be better than Snodgrass to keep us up?

6. Howden Tigress

Howden Tigress Well-Known Member

No, I think Snoddy is our best chance of staying up, he is priceless for his goals and set pieces, who else is going to get his goals, he would be guaranteed to get more goals. Even worse, to sell to a relegation rival would be like signing your own death warrant, absolute lunacy. Either give him a contract that he wants or tell him he stays for now and can go in the summer, he will still command a decent fee then.

7. spesupersydera

Spot on :emoticon-0148-yes:

PoolTiger likes this.
  8. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

If Silva is planning on playing exactly the same tactics and formation as Phelan I agree, he would be irreplaceable.
    Otherwise the manager and his coaches will adapt their plans to suit the players they have and those Silva brings in.

9. The greengrocer

That isn't the question though! The thread title says it all! And the answer should be simple!

10. spesupersydera

That's fair enough comment but it doesn't really answer my question i.e. ''who are you gonna get for £10 mill, to slot straight in AND be better than Snodgrass to keep us up?''

Stockholm Tiger and Polly13 like this.

11. oldman

oldman Well-Known Member

More importantly for me, and probably too early to tell although the man himself will know, is does Snodger fit in with MS's style of play? If so then keep him and take our chances, if not sell and use the money for re-structuring - provided MS gets to use the money of course, ideally to cover better quality loan player's higher wages rather than buy in the inflated January market. I do like Thudd and the sort of role he can plan in a technical passing team, hopefully he is someone MS can re-build the team around for the next couple of seasons after which point I can see Clucas taking over the mantle. Main thing is whichever league we're in come the end of May, if MS wants to stay, I hope he carries on developing the style of play we've (albeit briefly) seen so far together with the squad capable of delivering this in a number of different formations.

12. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

There seems to be a severe outbreak of poodle-itis up there in Middlesborer after yesterday's shambles against WHU.
    Tight defence? Gone
    Hard to beat ? Gone
    Calm manager liked by 'loyal' fans? Gone
    Seems Karanky has slated the fans too.
    Laughing like **** to be honest.
    Now, where's that daft **** Smeggo ?

13. Quill

Quill Bastard

Snoddy.

14. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

Silva seems keen on using out-and-out wingers so I expect that's the type of player he would be looking at if Snodgrass went. Exactly who that would be none of us knows.

15. The greengrocer

So you'd rather keep him & go down?

16. Willson

Willson Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter what your style of play is, you always have set pieces.

17. hovetiger

hovetiger Well-Known Member

Load of crap about Snodgrass not fitting in with Silva's style of play....he has still been massively instrumental in games since Silva came in.
    He has scored or assisted over half our goals this season... you don't let that go willingly, especially to a relegation rival.

Polly13 and Howden Tigress like this.
  18. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

Daft question, really. Snodgrass has been far and away our best player this season, and the idea that we stand a better chance of staying up without him is just plain silly.

Stockholm Tiger likes this.
  19. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

The question is snodgrass or retaining premier league status? Anybody choosing snodgrass is a bit odd

Polly13 and The greengrocer like this.
  20. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

10 million isn't that much now to buy good players. And loans are even more hit and miss, as some are never bothered that much knowing they'll be moved on somewhere else after anyway.

Stockholm Tiger and Polly13 like this.