1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I Refuse......

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Sep 25, 2011.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

.....to celebrate...

* 23rd place in the league ONLY..

* 6 points ONLY out of a possible 24..

* 5 home games to score ONLY 1 goal..

* 2 points ONLY from 4 home games..

* 4th week of September and no home wins..

* Only 1 win all season and a minus 6 gd..

Or Millen saying.....

..."I'm pleased with the game and I couldn't ask anymore of the players"

Are we really supposed to thank this man and be proud of these shocking performances,sorry but I'm not enjoying going down the gate for the first time in years and this man is making me bow my head in shame.

I wasn't pleased with this game or the season so far and I could,should and do ask for more of both him and the players and if he's not capable,why doesn't he just piss off..

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

i think millen is looking for positives. a big cloud is over your club at the moment and getting a point is a good result especially as hull had won their last 3 games on the trot. getting a point after your recent results is a good point. also now you got your 1st home goal, a big weight is off your shoulders and you will score for fun now. i can see you getting 6 points in your next 2 games.

your pic on your signature,- ALWAYS BELIEVE, try it mate <ok>

3. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

CJS wellpointed out.

The cry has been crap selections crap decisions etc etc yesterday we pretty much had the team we expected, so the manager did his part although I would suggest he should have followed my advice and had NM on the bench...lol

Basso played a blinder as was to be expected, but our strikers failed to capitalize until Pitters and Taylor took to the field.

Would AGREE though wiz not a time to celebrate....I guess he hasnt drunk enough ....

4. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

cjs that saying "always believe" we've been doing it since last year, and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that, finally the time has come where people are questioning it, why believe when we have Keef as our manager

Belief has now been ruined by Keef

5. redexile

redexile Member

I fail to see too many positives (other than Pitman and Taylor) in yesterdays game, yes we got a 4-4-2 formation, but Skuse at fullback??? also I didn't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times we hoofed the ball up front rather than play it through midfield. Hull, however, very rarely did so and attempted to play football on the ground and IMHO were the better footballing side. If KM was "happy with the first half and thought we worked their goalkeeper and were the better side" then I'm confused, I must have travelled to the wrong ground. It's no good having the right formation if you use the wrong tactics!
    As for booing team or players CUT IT OUT!

6. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

sent to a previous thread but ( red ex).... were you at the game???? Just checked on the BBC game report what I had in the back of my mind when reading your comment, I thought we had the better of the play had a couple more chances possibly a couple more corners...
    Live text and stats reveal....

Att: 12,254....I had 12567 forcast

Possession
    Bristol City 52% Hull 48%

Attempts on target Bristol City 8 Hull 5
    Attempts off target Bristol City 6 Hull 7
    Corners Bristol City 5 Hull 2
    Fouls Bristol City 9 Hull 14

I can breathe a sigh of relief, I was at ASHTON GATE, NOT ON the downs watching the wrong match.........

But Hull, and Basso in particular, had to withstand long periods of pressure.

For much of the match the hosts created plenty without finding the killer pass, as Maynard, Marvin Elliot, Albert Adomah and Jamal Campbell-Ryce all saw good chances go to waste.

But ex-Bristol City goalkeeper Basso was in inspired form to produce a string of good saves to deny the home side.

It brings Hull's three-game winning run to an end and extends the hosts' winless sequence in all competitions to six matches.

AS FOR THE HOOFBALL THAT IS GENERALLY SOMEONE KICKING IT AIMLESSLY UP FIELD FROM WITHIN THEIR OWN HALF.....I THOUGHT Skusey played WELL enough...maybe 7/10 defence 6/10 midfield 6/10 attack 5/10first half 6/10 second

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Sorry,all the bluster and how ever other teams are weak does not exonerate our team and our managers failures....

We are 23rd,1 only goal scored at home,no home wins,1 win so far,the man is a menace to our future...

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

when you were bottom last season for a few weeks and you guys were all doom and gloom and the 'millen out' brigade was out in force, what happened? your board had faith and trusted millen. millen did the job required and got you out of the bottom 3 and finished 18 points clear of bottom 3. season before that when jonson went, he had a good record then as well i recall. sounds like millen has the experience needed to get you out of this situation and he needs you lot more than ever. booing and calling for his head helps nobody but instead gets the players down and therefore effects the performances.

remember, you should be supporting the club through thick and thin through the good and bad. you should be doing this despite who plays and who is in charge. just my opinion though. if you want to do this to your club, knock yourself out <ok>

9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Oh my god,oh the hypocrysy,5 team managers sacked in a season,19 players sacked,the Bristol Rovers Boo boys told to do one by Fatty Arbuckle after their latest antics,down on their knees for the new crew....

"just my opinion though," says cjs.....

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

and your opinion is wrong. we didnt have 5 managers, we had 4. 2 were sacked. 19 players were not sacked. a couple were sold. most contracts ran out and was not renewed. not my opinion but a actual fact.

as for the "hypocrysy" part, my comment...
    "when you were bottom last season for a few weeks and you guys were all doom and gloom and the 'millen out' brigade was out in force, what happened? your board had faith and trusted millen. millen did the job required and got you out of the bottom 3 and finished 18 points clear of bottom 3. season before that when jonson went, he had a good record then as well i recall. sounds like millen has the experience needed to get you out of this situation and he needs you lot more than ever. booing and calling for his head helps nobody but instead gets the players down and therefore effects the performances." is all facts and not opinion. can you deny this fact??
    the last part of my comment....
    "remember, you should be supporting the club through thick and thin through the good and bad. you should be doing this despite who plays and who is in charge. just my opinion though. if you want to do this to your club, knock yourself out." was opinion. can you honestly say that is bullshit??

so where is the "hypocrysy"??

11. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

The simple fact you're a lowly "gashead"......Simples.....

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

again, thats an opinion not a fact. if every city fan agrees with you then thats their opinion too. doesnt make it a fact either.
    you seem to struggle with the difference between fact and opinion.

still looking for you to answer the "hypocrysy" part please? if your going to state this to me then at least have the decency to explain why.

oh well, you made the thread wiz, i made no wums but been constructive throughout. if you want to make this thread a thing about us then sorry wiz, i cant be bothered and i want no part thanks <ok>

laters.

13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

It's not a wum but why is a failed teams fan good at giving us,2 leagues above you,advice...

It's all B/S and waffle......

Laters.......

14. tiger-emyrs-wolf

tiger-emyrs-wolf Well-Known Member

i take it i didnt miss much then

15. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

The fans who think that Keef is turning it around are living in cloud cookoo land.....Dream on
    With him in charge we are in serious trouble, make no mistake.

The fact that our board thinks he will turn it around is even more worrying....

16. myfredisred

myfredisred Member

Wize,i can see what CJS is trying to say,but what he is saying is,that Millen can rescue us from this situation.The problem is that it's Millen that gets us into the mess,so getting out is the least of the problem.What we as City fans want is to be pushing up the league,and not to be known as perennial bottom feeders.We want a leader that gets us off to a decent start ,so at least we can be optimistic for part of the season.

17. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

What I also found galling was Millens assertion and quote (on Teletext) that now we've finally scored at home the pressure is off....FFS, the bloke lives in a dream world.

Let me tell you 'Keef' that the pressure is most certainly on, and it's on you me ol' mucker so given that I can see little or no improvement since Ipswich took us apart, why don't you just **** off ?

18. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

he dosent know where the door is angelic, yes he really is that clueless

19. redexile

redexile Member

JohnG
    I was at the game and stats is stats a weak powder puff shot from the edge of the box constitutes a chance or attempt and we had a couple of them. I thought our tactics were poor and if you saw it differently from me then we will have to agree to differ but as already stated by others it's all about opinions.

20. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator