1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Hull's Princes Quay set for multi-million-pound 'outlet' shopping revamp

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

Next wouldn't have an outlet store if nobody used them, its a business, money talks. I think what OLM means by anchor tennant is the fact that because Next is the 2nd biggest retailer in the UK and because they're a familiar face at other outlet venues then it would provide other companies with confidence to open inside Prinny Quay more of a 'Well if Next is opening there, then we should too' kind of thing.

I agree they need to make some new names sign up but its a start and its good to see that they are trying to improve the place and indoor Outlet and Food place is a fantastic idea. TJ Hughes has opened back up in Preston as a factory outlet kind of store, they'd also be good to have in there.

2. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

These days Next get in some good quality and well made clobber on their label, for me in the 90s and up to the mid 2000s they were inferior to the other highstreet retailers like River Island and Top Meh . . . even Burtons!

3. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Where have I said that they would open stores in Princes Quay? I haven't - FACT. Stop making **** up.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

They've got to work with the options available to them and they've done that pretty well, that was my point.

5. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

The actual point of an outlet centre within Princes Quay is just a terrible idea. I don't see how it is going to be successful.

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

We'll see, I think it was the only decent option open to them and is an eminently sensible move.

7. WhittlingStick

Its 3 quarters empty , how is that doing anything pretty well

8. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

The worst decision ever was allowing St Stephens to be built and spreading the shopping centre across a large geographical area. An area too large for the amount of shops that are sustainable in a city like Hull.

WhittlingStick likes this.
  9. WhittlingStick

the area needed developing andi agree shopping isnt what the City Centre needed , other outlets of entertainment would have been better , but what ? in the citys prime real estate location ??? u cant stick a new ice arena there , would be madness

10. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

Outlet shops are great if you're anything like me and just want cheap items as a necessity to prevent oneself from having to be naked in public and you don't generally give a hoot about fashion.

11. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

This has gone a bit quiet. You'd have thought they'd keep announcing stores unless they're struggling to fill the plots.

It seems the old JJB (harbour deck) and Disney stores will be divided up into several plots for restaurants on the ground floor.

12. Bengals Tiger

Bengals Tiger Well-Known Member

In Burtons' window?