1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v. Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Mar 6, 2017.

1. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

Well aren't you a delight.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  2. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

Odd that Llorente was subject to booing when he went down injured, again when he came back on to the field of play, and again when he subbed off! Surely it would be fairly obvious at this stage he's genuinely injured? Maybe the Hull supporters just didn't like his Wham-era George Michael hair?

To be fair I think we've judged their side a bit harshly, saw some good stuff from them on Saturday and have done throughout the season in spells. The first goal was a great move and they have a fine defender in McGuire. Even though he didn't feature on the weekend, I'm a big fan of Mbokani too, though from what I can gather, that puts me in a minority of one, even amongst Hull fans!

Have to say, will be happy grabbing a point next week at Bournemouth, a whole lot of mileage left in this relegation battle yet, for a lot of teams!

3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

If that is what some swans fans call a dirty game then they have not watched many games......Hull weathered everything we gave them and had the measure of our game plan... They won fair and square and it is us who should take a good look at ourselves for being so weak......Hull were there for the taking and we blew it...

Taffvalerowdy and The Omega Man like this.
  4. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

My first impression was that he had stayed down after a fair challenge. Booing is not on, even your keeper got stick after making a brave save and getting injured in the process. The play acting that goes on with some players has brought a cloud over the game generally and fans (?) seem to think booing is ok. Its not.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  5. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Our home record is great so far under Marco Silva, the only thing I disagree with is that we were there for the taking.

6. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

Tough game on Sat'dy.

I think Silva got it spot on tactics wise and Clement left it too late to challenge us. We stuck Niasse on and changed to 442 and instantly looked better but Clement took a 'wait and see what happens' approach which sometimes works, but not this time. I didn't think it was a dirty game and we're porbably one of the softest sides in the league most of the time.

Good luck for the rest of the season.