1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v. Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

They should forget about buying the Stadium and focus on investing in the team.

Newportswan and PGFWhite like this.
  2. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Obviously disappointed with the result, but my main disappointment today was that Siggy played. I thought he could have done with a well earned rest. We brought him back too early after the Euros and for most of the season his main role has been to chase down the opposition keeper and defenders. A midwinter break would have done him the world of good.

3. Taffvalerowdy

Having slept on it, the only positive I can think of is .... at least we got knocked out by a Premier League team <whistle>

4. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Keeping the FA cup theme going it looks like an 11:30 KO isn't a hit in Cardiff

image.jpg

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  5. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

I saw most of the game on my laptop. Very poor attendance, but there's an even poorer one on the Cardiff forum, where the game didn't even rate a mention. No thread, nothing.

Fulham were excellent, playing Cardiff off the park. Scoreline flattered Cardiff. 1-5 would have been a more appropriate scoreline.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  6. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Considering we put out quite a strong side, that's not a great result. Everyone on here seems to be keeping rather quiet about it? So much for renewed optimism.

7. Taffvalerowdy

I suspect that people would prefer us to focus on retaining our PL status.

When Wigan were relegated they had scant consolation in winning the FA Cup.

glamexile likes this.
  8. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I'm extremely disappointed by the result. I don't buy into this tiredness nonsense. We are in a relegation fight, low on confidence. After the win against Palace I would have thought that another win against Hull yesterday would have been hugely important to the confidence, but yet again we lost. The win would have provided far more energy and impetus than a rest would have. As it is - we've conceded another 2 goals without scoring against the team who are bottom of the league - pretty damaging to me. They've already beaten us twice this season and we haven't even managed a goal against them in 180 minutes.
    Poxy is what it is.
    Poxy.

9. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Haven't seen any of the game so I can't comment on the performance. Am I happy that we are out of the FA Cup as it would be an unnecessary distraction in our battle to avoid relegation? Yes. Am I concerned that we've just lost 2-0 to Hull? Very. We've just lost to the side bottom of the league with a new manager only appointed a day before the game?

For me, beating another relegation rival would have given us a huge boost in confidence and a huge momentum shift for the rest of the season. Unfortunately after the Palace win, confidence is now back to rock bottom.
    Hopefully, a few of those who started yesterday have started their last game for us.

I heard that Baston was pretty poor also. Anyone went to the game that can confirm this?

10. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Yet another 2-0 defeat to Hull, who most recognise as the poorest/weakest team in the Division, is a clear indication, if one were needed, of the parlous state of play at Swansea City F.C.

11. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Not sure how my defence worked , Naughton , Fernandez , VDH , Kingsley is who I'd like to see for a bit ... How was the defence in general ?