1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Burnley

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 24, 2017.

1. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

He misses some, he scores some.

Don't see anyone else getting in a position to do either.

Hernandez would have buried than markovic cross against the arse.

2. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Unlike Bob, who just Doesn't anything!

dennisboothstash likes this.
  3. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

We started too quickly and was giving the ball away. After ten, we then slowed it down to regain possession and then it was too slow. Much better second half until injury time, when we seemed to take an age getting the ball up front.

Ellab had his best game so far. Looked so much better with that break and a few games behind him.

I really like Rannochia. He's pure class. A bit of confidence has done him the world of good.

Maguire was as good as ever.

Robertson and Grosicki are forming something good. This will only get better.

N'Daiye looked knackered in the first half and revitalised second half closing down. He links better with Niasse than Mbokani.

Huddlestone had a few mistakes in him today but held everything together.

Elmo was more up to scratch. Poor shot first half though.

Maloney blew hot and cold. Did something really well followed by a silly mistake. Good to have him back in the side.

I really feel for Mbokani. He looked absolutely stranded up there and like he's never going to score (but I want him to). Before he went away, he was nearing scoring and now it's like we're back to square one with him.

Jak is a beast. He has such a positive impact on the crowd and a real presence.

Burnley were so negative. Their tactics were to hoof it to Andre Gray and hope he did something with it. Probably the worst side to visit us this season.

The two linesmen were excellent today. The referee, however, seemed to miss a few decisions.

It's another point when most the teams around us lost. Still unbeaten at home and we don't have to play Burnley again this season (thankfully). I'm happy with a point since we normally hand them all three and we look into Leicester.

4. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Given more than 10 mins he might.

Either way Niasse seems to be more dangerous than both of them put together.

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Disappointing today, I don't think Marco's team selection was right, but even if it had been there were far too many lose balls.

Dyche is a right whinging ****.

6. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

Although today's result is
    Not ideal, a point a game
    At the end of the season
    Puts you on 38.. you will
    Be there or there abouts
    On 38 points... win the
    Next two games and we
    Are only 1 point off that..
    Please lemmings come
    Away from the cliff...

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  7. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

Don't think we quite know how to attack when it's not on the counter. Team selection was a bit of a head scratcher too. A weaker striker up top alone at home against a team with only 1 point away from home all season...

8. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

If you'd have asked me a few weeks ago before we played the big teams, I'd have said 3 points are needed. But after unexpected results against those teams, a point wasn't too bad.

Burnley are all but safe, Leicester and Swansea are must wins. One more win and we will leapfrog a few times.

A point gained.

9. AmalCarb

AmalCarb Well-Known Member

Bang goes the top 6 finish lads.

Try Rugby league if your disappointed..

Silver OUT

10. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

It's been said, we need to play two strikers. I hope MS isn't going to overthink it.

11. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Ok just arrived back home after the game .. have to say little surprised with the choice of line up up front to begin with but guess MS saw something in Portugal that he thought would work .. this time round it didn't tbh .. Mbokani is very frustrating to say the least.. big powerful unit but just doesn't punch his weight .. chance first half coming onto a cross back post should have buried it and his general hold up player poor in all honesty. Maloney gets in some lovely positions but his final ball was poor today .. was in North stand today and didn't have a great view of the penalty but guessed it was for handball ? If so why not sending off ? Think on balance of play a point was a fair reflection .. we could have had a couple but then again so should they .. Gray could and should have scored for them when clean through .. yet again concede from a set piece .. oh to have a goalkeeper that commands his box .. generally though thought we put a shift in albeit scrappy today .. thing I take from this is we got a point when not playing as well as the last few games .. and think MS may have learned his lesson with the two up front he chose today .. onwards and upwards .. still confident we'll survive but it's gonna be close

Howden Tigress likes this.
  12. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

I think that Barnes today made the most fouls I have ever seen from a footballer. Dirty fouling horrible Burnley bas*****.

Bar the we where poor and patchy.

GLP likes this.
  13. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Aside from the goal we let in, I thought we looked okay. We obviously miss the guile from Evandro and Markovic, but we will have them back for the next game and hopefully Clucas too. Maloney did everything but pass the ball properly, if he's going to give it away so much he might as well just run with it.

Also, why was Omar so reluctant to run with the ball? He was getting the ball in some great positions but then just squared it or checked back. Often there wasn't anybody in front of him, he needs to be more confident.

14. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

I didn't go today so am relying on the reports of these on here. Strikes me today was always going to be tough, Burnley will have been training all week to stifle us and it seems thats what they did, though cows arse with a banjo seems to still apply to our strikers. Leicester next week should be a different story, they can't settle for a point and as such they have to come at us, which probably suits our current style better. Hoping both Evandro and Marcovich are fit.

King Curtis and Howden Tigress like this.
  15. Hull 3-1 Liverpool

Hull 3-1 Liverpool Well-Known Member

Well at least we didn't go full blown typical city and end up getting beat. I was surprised Mbokani started, I don't rate him and even by themselves up top I fancy Niasse or Hernandez to do more and potentially nick a goal.

Also, I've rarely seen a manager whine so much as Dyche did on the touchline today, Jesus Christ.

16. x

x Well-Known Member

17. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

10 things I think I think
    1. Mbokani is no good in the role he played today. Maybe needs glasses as he missed most headers by a yard in the first half
    2. Brady is ****
    3. Maguire will miss the next game injured
    4. Elmo drifting into central midfield is an experiment not worth repeating
    5. Niasse causes opponents a lot of problems
    6. Hernandez will still be here after Tuesday
    7. Barton is a ****er
    8. City's crowd need to wake the **** up
    9. City's crowd need more songs, particularly player specific ones
    10. Picking the substitutions to make is a piece of piss

18. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.... Ranocchia?
    As for Elabdellaoui.... "Give us an E..."

19. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Seriously? How do you actually know what was asked of him? Madness.

20. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

**** knows what would have been sung if Grosicki had scored!?