1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd / Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 3, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd
    Sunday 5th February [email protected]
    Streaming links to follow
    Good Morning Everyone,

Huddersfield absolute destroyed an extremely poor Brighton side last night 3-1.

Seagulls boss Chris Hughton commented that his team just did not turn up at the races.

64 hours later, the dog botherers welcome Leeds Utd to the party.

Have Huddersfield shot their wad?

Will they have anything else in the tank?

Will it effect them at all?

Leeds are due a performance on Sunday. He did not play well against Blackburn midweek, awful at Sutton Utd, and the last we can say about the Barnsley game the better.

Should Pedraza and Barrow start, or should they be introduced to the fold gradually?

Should we beat Town?

Who would settle for a draw?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. ellandback

Forum Moderator

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, a point away would be good, I didn't want Huddersfield to beat Brighton as I feared what the table would suddenly look like should they get all three points against us.

That back 5 picks itself, I would imagine O'Kane starting alongside Bridcutt as he is a little less rash in his challenges. I think Hernandez will be back in the starting line up and we might need one of his perfect corners.

Only two positions and question for me is who will start out of Sacko, Doukara, Dallas and Roofe, I'm expecting both new guys on the bench at the expense of at least one.

My bet would be Sacko dropped from the team and not on the bench, Dallas starting with Roofe, Doukara on the bench in case Wood gets injured.

Whitejock likes this.
  4. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning all. Yesterday's result will definitely focus minds for Sunday. We need to win to keep up pressure on the top 2,, as well as putting a bit of distance between us and Huddersfield, as they still have a game in hand.

Lets hope Monk, who was at the game last night and had his name sung, spotted weaknesses in their team. It'll be a hard game. But I take us to get home 2-1

Infidel likes this.
  5. BoggersMOT

I think Dallas & Roofe will both start. I also think our 2 newbies will also be on the bench. A good game for them to show why we've got them, and for them to show why they should start

ristac likes this.
  6. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Morning Ell and all

Massive opportunity this game to really lay down a marker and not disastrous if we don't so we need to go for it. Got everything crossed Pedraza (auto spell is aped razz!!) is the real deal and has the same galvanising effect Cantona had when he joined a team already doing great. Add in Pontus signing (although Chippy hasn't seen his signature on a contract so it may not be true) and we should be at the botherers like hammer and tongs Sunday.

When Brighton beat us at the beginning of December they were 9 or 10 points clear with a game in hand. It's now 6 and the business end of the season, let's keep up the pressure and hope they and / or Newcastle have a wobble - it happens :emoticon-0148-yes:

7. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Huddersfield very impressive last night. Sunday will be a huge test for us. Draw would do, a win would be amazing. As for the new lads, no idea if they'll make the bench. Only Monk knows their levels of fitness. Pontus didn't start his first game when he first joined either

8. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Big game this one do you think Monk will field his second 11 like last Sunday ? If so i can see you losing by a cricket score so lets hope Monk puts out your 1st team that way you might just stop Hudders scoring double figures <ok>

they were **** hot last night won at a cantor <yikes>

9. BoggersMOT

Morning Mighty. If we're anything other than fully on it from the first moment to the last, Hudders will get hatful. That said, trust Monk to get the team up for this one

10. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

They're a good side, as good a footballing team as any in this league... and they're playing well, lots of goals in them... but always likely to offer up a chance.

Our form has dipped since derby.

This is likely to be a feisty rearguard action, where hopefully we'll get a few chances on the break. We generally do feisty rearguard actions pretty well this year, with a first choice back 4, but this is a real test.

Hopefully they can't reproduce last nights form and we up our game. I'd be happy with a draw, and ecstatic with a win.

I'd expect to have the new boys on the bench... bit of a baptism of fire otherwise.

11. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

morning Boggers <cheers> its a derby anything can happen but Hudders do look quality <ok>

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I think we'll see a top game of football and I expect us to come out with all 3 points. Monk will love pitting his wits against the German who has transformed the Tesco bags. I think Monk is arrogant enough to show the German who knows his stuff best.

Big Al will either start or come on and scare them to death

13. Eireleeds1

That was their first time to score three at home this season according to SKY. Why would they score a hatful against the best defenders in the Championship on Sunday?

Whitejock and Leedsoflondon like this.
  14. Eireleeds1

Makes us better quality as we're above them in the table. Thanks Mighty <ok>

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  15. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

They are on the way UP mukka big difference <whistle>

16. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Its sunday at 12.00. wake up matt ffs!

17. Eireleeds1

So are wolves. So what

MIGHTY likes this.
  18. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, I can see Hernandez for Roofe and Pedraza starting for Doukara.

19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Boggers, as long as we stay clear of the 7th team it does not matter that much imo. I personally think Huddersfield will not be able to sustain their form and will drop points. It surprises me that Reading have kept their form going.

There are a number of teams chasing for that 6th place, whether it be Derby, Wendies, Barnsley, Fulham or a late surge from Villa. I can see that place being well up for grabs and changing weekly

20. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

They did score those three against statistically the best defenders in the championship! Good test to see if we can nullify their threat, they'll have plenty of the ball that's for sure, lets hope we can keep it when we get it which has been a problem away from home for us at times.