1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Howson rejects new deal

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by ThaiCanary, Jun 1, 2017.

1. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

2. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He's been here since Jan 2012 so he's been around the block through good times and bad.
    I'm a little surprised that this announcement comes at the start of a new, possibly exciting new era.
    Had he said it last year immediately after relegation (again <doh>) I'd have understood.

3. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I think it's more his agent speaking and I'm HOPEFUL that when the players return, JH may well do a Huckerby and tell his agent where to go!!! <rofl>

4. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He still has two years on his contract, and I feel like he's professional enough that he's not going to sulk if he stays another season.

Would be disappointing to lose him, but could hardly begrudge him a move, especially if we can get a decent price.

5. Rich44

Rich44 Well-Known Member

He's still got his existing contract though, he's only turned down a new one, who knows what was offered, might've been longer but less money hence why he's said no.

Guess only him & his agent can really answer that.

6. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

With 2 years left on his contract he'd be mad to sign another contract. It seems perfectly sensible to me for him to fulfil the next year of his current contract and see where we are at the end of next season

ncgandy, KIO, DHCanary and 1 other person like this.
  7. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

He's probably looking for a big money move to one of the Big boys like Huddersfield or Brighton.
    Probably our best player so I'm not surprised he doesn't want to stick around and play at a higher level.

JM Fan likes this.
  8. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

As he was linked earlier for a 2-3M move back to Leeds this summer. I'd be much happier him seeing his contract out.

A player like him, saying that, is such a knife to the heart. I will be so gutted if this is a true story. If you love the club, sign a new contract, but install a release clause to a "Premiership team bid matching...."

Don't just say you wont sign to force us to sell for F all, after we turned you from a prospect into a Premiership prospect player. I'd feel so let down if he goes for a million or 2.

Wouldn't be the first time, Shouldn't be surprised.

JM Fan likes this.