1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread How should we play Fulham?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Feb 23, 2017.

1. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Fulham showed why they probably won't make it into top 6. Their defence is too open. Hoillett & Zahore should have had 6 between them. If only Junior could finish better.
    Few questions:

1. The BBC site had us at 28% possession. Does anyone agree with that?
    2. Was Gunnar lucky not to see red?
    3. Anyone notice their 2nd stemmed from a thrown in by the corner flag after the Lino missed a blatant foul in Connelly?

2. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

This is very true. We're one of the best teams in the league going forward, but we have some pretty Sunday League level defending.

Makes for entertaining games though, I'm sure you agree?

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If Jokanovic can sort out that defence they'll score far more goals than they'll let in no problem. As good in the middle of the park as I've seen this season.

As far as the top 6 is concerned, I think Fulham are a better allround footballing side than Sheff Wed who seem to have lost the plot recently. They're only 5 points behind them and have a game in hand. In fact they play each other last game of the season and that could be a cruncher.

I think even we still have a chance of catching Sheff Wed but Fulham and Norwich will finish above them to shut us out of the top 6.

4. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Sure does. Watching Fulham must make you despair at times but enthralled in equal measures with some great football.

Today was a real joy to witness that game (even if we saw so many opportunities spurned).

The missing 000's should come and watch the final few games as an appetiser for the great promotion assault next season!

BluefromBridgend likes this.