1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How long do we give him?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha.........dudes... :emoticon-0136-giggl

2. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

If that happens then said person would have been a success here and we in turn would receive our own compo and so the merry go round turns <ok>

JM Fan and Walsh.i.am like this.
  3. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Leaving us to search for another manager. AN is in the process of building a dynasty here, that can't be done overnight, we need to be patient!

4. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Building a dynasty? <laugh>

ncgandy and JM Fan like this.
  5. canary-dave

Have you not noticed all the youngsters he's brought in? Latest being a 16 year old keeper!

6. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Oh yes Dave, a 16 year old keeper when he should be bringing in an experienced STRIKER!

Walsh.i.am and JM Fan like this.
  7. canary-dave

One is due to be announced and another is on the way! Patience is a virtue!

8. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

It's being built on quicksand though unfortunately!

Bah!

KIO likes this.
  9. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I hear what you're saying Dave, but he's got to realise that he can't keep playing the likes of Naismith/Whittaker, as they're just not up to it. Far better to take risks occasionally with some of the more promising youngsters and if we had lost 3-0 to Birmingham, I guarantee that fans would have accepted the loss more readily.

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  10. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I really don't buy into this 'dynasty' scenario. I've seen nothing to suggest that may happen.

Even in the unlikely event that this did indeed come to fruition, these likely lads will be picked off by the nouveau riche, who, after years of stagnation, won't include us among their membership.

Let's just make the most of where we are, because blind faith will get us nowhere.

oldcanariesfan, KIO and JM Fan like this.

11. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

The players we've had for years are too error prone for my liking, so let's select some of this 'dynasty' and see how they perform - they can't be any worse than those who made little or no effort on Saturday!!!

canary-dave likes this.
  12. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but if anyone thinks that signing a couple of decent strikers is going to solve our issues, most of which are of AN's making, then they are deluded.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    ilovedelia, JM Fan and KIO like this.
  13. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Unless we're challenging for a top six spot at the very least come November AN will be gone, or at least he should be

JM Fan likes this.
  14. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So if his "dynasty building" is to continue, it will be at a different club.
    A sixteen year old 'keeper who may a) still be here b) do the business in five years time is totally irrelevant.
    Football is a cut throat affair, and too many abject, dismal performances like Saturday and it will all end in tears sooner rather than later - if we'd had a decent CEO in for the whole summer he may have intervened and said "sod 5 years time, we owe it to our current set of fans to start delivering now" <grr>

15. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to seeing part of that "dynasty" tomorrow night, however I have a hunch that not many of the "yoof" on show tomorrow evening will ever get near the first team let alone form a "dynasty".

JM Fan likes this.
  16. canary-dave

Just to say, "building a dynasty" are not my words, they are the words of the board!

JM Fan likes this.
  17. Carbrooke Canary

Carbrooke Canary Active Member

A Scottish dynasty.... Fed up with the way he is loading the team with second rate jocks. We need to get brucie in....

18. canary-dave

I really hope not after the way he disrespected our club to engineer his way to Man Ure! <steam>

19. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

AN should be sacked just for continuing to play Naismith. Yes, Steve Bruce would make a better fist of it with his experience which our present manager hasn't got. There seems to be a general air of unrest in the squad. This, for me, is the reason why they just rolled over on Saturday to a very modest BCFC team. I expect Steve Bruce will have better offers and the Board will stick with AN, but with the way we are going (downwards) the clamor for his removal will intensify. Howson gave a series of bland statements after the game (the like of which we have heard a thousand times before from various players being extremely careful what they say) but he failed to address the reasons why the team failed so badly. Even AN 'confessed' that it was probably the worst performance his side had produced since his arrival at CR.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    JM Fan, KIO and carrowcanario like this.
  20. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

The reality is that performances will vary from time to time. Saturday was awful and everyone involved has to take some blame for that. It isn't just AN or this player or that. The first goal was primarily Brady's responsibility for letting the scorer get goalside. That happens though, and we needed to respond to it but failed to do so really. That again was a general responsibility, whereas the second and third goals resulted from individual errors, over which AN had little or no control.

Not enough emphasis has been made on the 7 injuries we have at the moment (Jarvis, Ruddy, Pinto, Olsson, Jerome, Dorrans and Pritchard) - the first 5 of which would normally be in the starting line-up. The plus side of that is that Canos and the Murphys have been getting chances, but at a cost as well. Of those, only Jacob seems able to perform effectively so far. The others may not be far away, as the Coventry cup game showed, but the league is a much bigger step up. Hopefully, Pinto, Olsson, Jerome, Dorrans and Pritchard will be fit again for Cardiff and we will have new players in as well and integrated into the squad before the Cardiff game at home.