1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hoos Now Running Entire Club

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Jan 4, 2017.

1. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I watched a meeting he was at with JFH and SLF answering questions from Supporters, and did not think he gave any adequate reason not to move it other than to near away supporters which I wasn't and don't think many were proposing anyway.

2. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

We've been relegated with no family stand and the hardcore fans behind the goal. We've been promoted twice with the family stand in place and created some of the best atmospheres ever at HQ (Wigan in the play off semi, Liverpool 3-2, Cisse v Stoke etc etc. ) As I've already said, get things right on the pitch and the fallacy of the family stand is no longer an issue.

sb_73 likes this.
  3. QPR Oslo

This is all irrelevant. We have had fantastic days / seasons with no family stand behind the goals 70's, 80's, 90's and since in my time with the main support behind one goal or the other. And bad days / seasons as you say. I'm just saying I think you get a better vocal sound and atmosphere behind the team with the singing support behind the goals, at Loftus road and most stadium. Good vocal support/ atmosphere helps the players as they never stop saying, but is of course no guarantee of success or failure on the pitch. I don't care if there is a family stand or not but Hoos did make the valid point that the average age level of our support is very high, and we need to attract more youngsters to games. Fine if it works but put the family section on the side near home support but not in the area where you can generate the best noise and atmosphere.

4. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

2,000 fans were displaced when they introduced the family stand and this caused a lot of bitterness among the support. To move it elsewhere you're going to upset and displace another 2,000 fans.

5. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Just read a real good article in AKUTRs by Dave Barton...About the family stand and fan zone..and what it means to kids...Has really changed my mind about the family stand.
    Fans can sing anywhere...Upper Loft etc
    I am sitting there this afternoon...will update you later on tonight

6. QPR Oslo

I can understand bitterness at being moved out of the Loft. Question is how many would be upset now by moving the family stand out of the Loft to the Loftus Road end of Ellersley or South Africa Rd, and how many would welcome being able to move back in to the Loft.

7. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

If we have to have a family section, it should be the Paddock in my opinion - I haven't heard a convincing argument against it. The best they could come up was that it wasn't under cover. So what?

8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Stainsey sits there. You wouldn't want to upset him by asking him to move, trust me.

9. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I sat there today, by mistake - I thought I was buying tickets in F, but they turned out to be in FL. Never again. It's impossible to see how play develops from that low perspective. I've never understood why managers and coaches don't watch from higher up.

Something for the estimable Mr Hoos to consider is the bar situation down there. My pal left 5 minutes before half-time to get some beers, but when I went inside he was still way back in the queue. Seems there were two people serving, but one of them had to disappear to go and get some milk! These people are most likely on £7.20 per hour and they are knocking out bottles of piss lager for £4.60 a pop. Go figure, Lee.