1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Holt aiming to bring back player's belief

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JediCanary, Jun 10, 2014.

1. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

Saw this article on the evening news website:

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/spor...n_norwich_city_s_premier_league_bid_1_3636882

Have been very impressed with Holt's attitude, remember hearing him Radio Norfolk one morning, said he was a strict disciplinarian and that if people didn't like it - TOUGH! said it comes from his days in the Army and when he was growing up, likes the players to arrive on time for training, and to work when they come in. Definitely not a soft touch like the previous manager and hopefully will sort out the men from the boys.

2. carrabuh

carrabuh Well-Known Member

All well and good if his coaching is interesting, insightful and develops talent.

If its not, then "tough!" is not going to help anyone.

3. Rich44

Rich44 Well-Known Member

Tough has gotta be better than best mates nice guy, we tried that didn't work maybe we need the hair dryer treatment in the dressing room

4. Bath-Canary

Bath-Canary Well-Known Member

Discipline is always important though. Never got the impression we had a strict regime under Hughton, Lambert's on the other hand was I've heard very strict. I don't thing either extreme I particularly useful a good medium seems like what we're after.

5. carrabuh

carrabuh Well-Known Member

I thought it must have been incredibly strict, and incredibly disciplined.

Its why we played we played in such a regimented style.

Development is the most important thing and is the thing I would rather hear being banged out. Discipline and hard work are the minimum, should be expected and should not even be involved in discussions with the media about training.

Personally, I think it sounds awful and behind the times.

6. Canaryvet

Canaryvet Member

I however feel there was a lack of discipline under CH which contributed to our downfall, especially regards general fitness which definitely reduced under him. I also believe Holt will add attitude which has been sorely missed, a never say die attitude in particular, players who (choose to?) lack this will suffer. These two attributes combined will help reduce the thrashings we have suffered when going behind away from home in particular.