1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread HIS HEAD

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by allbluelenny, Oct 8, 2016.

1. allbluelenny

allbluelenny Well-Known Member

We must be a laughing stock after today's result, we have the class players JET dropped maybe to prove a point, we need a leader a strong person to sort things out someone with football knowledge.
    Brucey is on the market maybe a dream but he might just do it for old times sake.
    Billy Davis, as a player try to take him on , AT YOUR PERIL
    We need someone strong, and tactical, we have the players, they are just not responding and they could and should be.
    We had a great run last season and even Scally must have thought we would do better, early days I know but we are showing NO FORM at all.
    GET RID. JE OUT, with the players we have even I could do better

2. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

t
    This is going from bad to worse......... :-(

3. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Had enough of jed. One trick pony. No idea how to change a game. Subs make team worse. Why was List not brought on when we r crying out for pace. Oldham looked much better and were not happy with a draw they wanted a win and got it, even though they were bottom. We have not played well since January. Love Lovell to come back at least make it exciting.

4. Lord Sondes Clock

Lord Sondes Clock Active Member

Agreed. If memory serves we had 50 points after 25 games last season. In the 33 league games since (more than 2/3rds of a season) we've gained only 34 points. That's relegation form over a long enough period Mr Chairman. It's time to make

5. Lord Sondes Clock

Lord Sondes Clock Active Member

Sorry, hit send too soon.
    It's time to make the call Paul.

6. gioblues

Oh dear seems like jed had bust up with knott before ko so not on bench. Looks like losing players aswell

7. geoffthegills

geoffthegills Well-Known Member

The worst referee I have ever seen at priestfield and every decision went against us today but that does not hide the fact something needs to change I do not normally endorse sacking manager,s too quickly but I think we have lost our way and a change is necessary,

8. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH
    That's a, that's a, that's all folks
    BaBaBaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

<doh>:headbang::emoticon-0121-angry<steam><steam><steam><steam><steam><steam><steam><steam><steam><steam>

alwaysright likes this.
  9. brb

brb CR250

I've only ever used this statement once before....shut the door on your way out...but can anyone remember who the manager was at the time?

10. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Stimson ?

11. brb

brb CR250

Correct and we all know what happened after my comment...come on please mr chairman you showed maddog less opportunity, yet JE has had your overwhelming support and failed to deliver.

SORRY JE...but it really is time to say goodbye, you've survived more chances then any other manager - pull the trigger in the coming week mr scally

12. patchy70

patchy70 Well-Known Member

I'm with the majority on here. It's time to go for JED. This is no longer a 'blip' or even a 'spell'. We've been poor since January, he's had the chance to revamp his squad with some generous backing from the chairman and yet he's making the same, if not more mistakes. We need someone new and we need someone fast

13. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Now I'm not quite ready to start calling for his head just yet because I've seen a lot worse at Priestfield in the time I have been supporting them but my faith is waning. The thing that I'm really struggling to get my head around is why we haven't kept a clean sheet in 23 competitive games despite our manager and assistant both having played in the Premier league as defenders! Surely that should be bread and butter for them to work out what is going wrong?

I very much share alwaysright's mantra in that I can take a loss providing the players have at least tried and put up a fight and at the moment, they're not doing that. What happened to the fast, high pressing, aggressive team we had at the beginning of last season? We're now starting to regress to PT's tactics of sitting off opposition teams and allowing pressure. Like I said I'm not going to call for his head just yet because we have the players to turn it around but he won't have my full support forever and if things do continue the way they are, then I will be joining all of you in requesting Mr Scally making a decision.

14. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

For me this is not about winning or losing, it's not about Jed going or staying, It's about enjoying the experience.
    Football takes large sums of my money every year and I want value, winning is great, but if you lose, entertainment is a must.
    Jed so far has shown no ability to change a 6 month poor spell, he has managed a team playing poor quality football, he still hasn't figured out that the way to stop opposition goals is to keep possession of the football, not! continually playing long balls to opposition players.
    If Jed could sort these problems out I'm happy for him to stay, he has had 6 months and I've yet to see him make any improvement, excuses that put the blame on everyone else except him haven't worked, he needs a new strategy.

15. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

The general consensus here seems to want change. I am a Spurs fan but as a Kent resident I have being going to 10 or so Gills matches a year for the last 10-15 years. I have seen 5 matches so far this season, Southend, Swindon, Bury, Tottenham (surprise surprise) and Oldham. The first 3 all had spells were the Gills looked good. Spurs was a whitewash and I thought even given the quality of Spurs, The Gills were poor no fight, no spirit and no plan. Sad to say Saturday was the same, the worst I have seen the Gills since before Stimson was there. Do you expect a change? I thought the recruitment had been good but Justin Edinburgh looks broken to me and once that happens the sooner the axe falls the better. I think there are enough good players for you to be competitive and I hope to see a winning Gills V Charlton in a couple of weeks time.

brb likes this.
  16. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

I think the majority of Gills fans want something to change, whether it is JE to change his tactics or for him to be removed completely. But something really isn't right at the moment, reports of him losing the dressing room are starting to emerge. Billy Knott was removed from the match day squad on Saturday with the club stating injury but according to sources close to him, he's perfectly fit and JE had a disagreement with him regarding him being dropped. Rory's middle finger against Wimbledon and Dacky throwing his shirt down when he got subbed would certainly poiny to that something isn't right in the dressing room.

17. The Shouting Man

The Shouting Man Active Member

Time for Steve Evans - The Silver Cavalier (or is that Beige Mondeo?) - to come in and shake things up :headbang: <yikes>

18. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Do you really realise how much of danger you are putting your life in by making such a suggestion :emoticon-0145-shake:emoticon-0145-shake:emoticon-0145-shake

There are more appropriate sobriquets, none of which can be published on this forum.

The Gills PegLeg likes this.
  19. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

sobriquet --
    So which bit isn't correct
    (a) Fat
    (b) Scottish
    (c) ?

20. gioblues

oh dear another loss today. 1nil up again lost it 2-1 last minute. Think if we don't win in next 2 home games JED has to go.