1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hillsborough radio 5 live programme

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I listened to a special programme tonight on radio 5 live about the Hillsborough disaster back in 1989. We all know what happened that day and the fight that the families/friends have gone through to get justice. I have seen clips of what happened, which im sure you all have. But I have never heard radio coverage from the commentators at the time of it all going on. Listening to this for the 1st time, while knowing exactly what actually happened really got me choked up. Then hearing fans in the background of the commentry getting really distressed followed by some accounts from those who were there and what they went through. A father on the pitch looking at his 2 daughters trying his hardest to bring them both back to life and the an ambulance arrives and a paramedic gets the father to pick which daughter he wants to go in the ambulance as only room for 1 of them, so basically having to leave his other daughter behind on the pitch. What a terrible terrible situation for any father or parent in fact to have to go through. Hearing that for the 1st time made me cry my heart out. Have 2 girls myself and thinking what would I have done if that was me, is something I wish will never be a situation for me.

Make sure you tell your loved ones every single day that you love them because you never know if you will ever get another opportunity. We are all imperfect and we all make mistakes. Learn to forgive and forget past mistakes and look for the good in them. In everything you do, make sure you do it with love. Love costs nothing but gives you the best memories.

If you have the time, you must listen to this programme. Just 1 hour and 5 minutes long.

Here is a link to it http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/b085xq66

2. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

I remember where I was that day - playing football - were a 2.30 KO

We just sat in the dressing room in our kit listening to the radio - too stunned to do anything else

The events that happened after were unforgivable (and we still need to get to the bottom of who knew what)