1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

henderson v welbeck

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by rokerparks scoreboard, Feb 2, 2011.

1. rokerparks scoreboard

rokerparks scoreboard Active Member

Knowing that man utd are keen on Hendo i'm interested in knowing how many of us would do a straight swap for Welbeck.Now i'm a fan of Hendo but personally i would swap straight away as i feel Welbeck gives us more and the fact that Hendo goes missing if things aren't going well is another reason.I would like to know your views on the subject.<ok>

2. InBruceWeTrusted

Hendo has one bad game and people are on his back straight away. Fans are very quick to judge and forget hes a young lad trying his best but he REAL fans realise he has contributed a lot to the success of Sunderland this season.

Then people come on here slating him instead of saying, yeah he had a bad game but was up against arguabley the best midfield in England.

Give the lad some encouragement man instead of articles galore saying how bad he was.

I want to keep Henderson at Sunderland at let him grow here and become a quality premiership player but if Man U come calling then I think we should let the lad decide as Man U would be a dream for him.

Good luck for the Stoke game Jordan, Haway the lads!

3. rokerparks scoreboard

If you read my post correctly you would notice i said i'm a fan on Henderson i'm not getting on his back i rate him.It was a question of wether you would swap him for Welbeck.Also as much as i rate hendo he's had alot of poor games this season but thats my opinion.

4. InBruceWeTrusted

Yeah sorry m8 I was just putting my point to other articles and views that have appeared after last night, sorry I just used your article to get it off my chest! ha

5. rokerparks scoreboard

No bother mate i know how you feel.

6. InBruceWeTrusted

However I would want Welbeck in a swap deal if Henderson wanted to go to Man Utd

7. PrisonBroken

PrisonBroken Member

Personally didn't see what Henderson did so wrong last night. Switched play quite effectively and at the pace the game was played last night there were bound to be mistakes. Chelsea were like a swarm last night and very built in midfield so actually considering we didn't have an "enforcer" thought they did quite well.

However, back to the original question would have Welbeck just cos I think he is better prospect. Would rather have both though ;)

8. SAFC_DAVE

SAFC_DAVE Member

Henderson has been poor a few times including last night, and i do think he has a good future, but im not sure if it is going to be as good as what some people think. The main thing Henderson needs is a REST he has played almost constant premiership football for the last 18 month and i think it is showing, its too much and he looks worn out, IMO. I think rest him for sulley for a few weeks with him coming off the bench to keep his fitness up, may also take him out the limelight!

P.S. i rate him but fatigue is clearly showing.

9. Charley Farley

Charley Farley Well-Known Member

I reckon you're spot on with that BRUCEYBONUS.

10. webbo777

webbo777 New Member

Sorry mate put you saying henderson has 1 bad game is totally unbelievable, he has been a passenger for a lot of games this season, he is not a flair player , most of his passes go sideways or backwards, his corners and crosses are far from good, yes he is only 20, he needs to be taken out of the limelight for a few weeks so he can re charge his batteries as he is a passenger at the moment, he has been put in the same bracket as jack wilshire as a future international, he is currently miles behind jack wilshire who is a younger player, i believe he can be great but on the last few months preformances apart from the one game brucey hinted in the press he was going to leave him out, he has been no better than average

11. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

In simple terms. i'd swap Jordan for Welbeck in the blink of an eye.

I don't, however wish to see Jordan leave, i'd rather we spent some money and got Welbeck that way.

Jordan is not, and never will be, a central midfielder, but on the right he has all the tools to be top drawer.

12. REDNOTDEAD

REDNOTDEAD New Member

If it means we get welbeck let henderson go as we have more than enough cover in midfield, then after a few years at Man U bring him home

13. poolie_mackem

poolie_mackem Well-Known Member

Agree with this.

If we can do a deal in the summer and get Welbeck for Henderson we can go out and spend the Bent money on another top striker and a replacement for Jordan in the midfield

14. trevmacksw

trevmacksw Member

not if its true about 20 mill for hendo would you pay 20 mill for welbeck

15. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I'd pay £8million rising to £12 for Welbeck, linked to future success.

I personally think Jordans value is similar, potentially.

If United rate Jordan at £20million, they can chuck in Evans or summat!

16. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

Agree 100 %

17. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0112-wonde

Yes if Carroll is worth 35 Welbeck is just as good for the short time he has been in the team

18. Captain

Captain New Member

Personally i would swap Welback for Henderson i feel Welbeck has more to offer than Henderson, whilst Henderson is a good player and can only improve, Welbeck is a lot more creative and skilful.

19. trevmacksw

trevmacksw Member

i but caroll was only worth 35 because they got 50 mill of chelsea and paid the ransom its not what they are worth its what your prepaird to pay and we wont pay 35 mill for welbeck trust me

20. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

My take on Henderson is, he is young and does look tired sometimes.
    We all develop at different rates, lets not forget he is only just out of his teens!
    Yes you could point to other players that have been really strong from an early age, but as I said above every-bodies different.
    We know he is very talented, personally I think his confidence is down and he is more scared of making mistakes.
    Building the lad up is the way forward mentally and physically.

Not saying he is Messi but anyone remember some of his early games?
    Knocked off the ball a lot and his all round play suffered,still with flashes of brilliance.
    Now! Without a doubt the best player in the world, hard to knock off the ball and the confidence to do what he likes with the ball. <ok>