1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

He said sack "Mazzarri" i had a Rant

Discussion in 'Watford' started by brian_66_usa, Jan 4, 2017.

1. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

A Mr colin muskett a so called fan said he wanted Mazzarri sacked on the" WD Sport" he was comparing "harry" dave basset to muskett and i had a rant . i get to see about 1/2 of our game (T.V. computer and live games . Our owners have done more for us than anyone and i include EJ and GT .Most of you are fair minded people what do you think?

2. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Hi brian. I defer to those going to every match but I am very concerned with the apparent lack of progress in sorting out repeated errors in defence. There seem to be confidence issues at the front, too. I honestly don't know how much of this is down to WM, but I don't see change, or any apparent progress. Do you agree with that? I've got to say, comparing any professional manager in this modern game to Bassett is at best laughable, but more likely libellous. <laugh>
    I agree almost totally re the owners. I think it's early to say they have eclipsed Sir Elton but they are very, very bloody good. I respect them and trust them to make the right choices and will back them from the terraces when I'm there, and on here when I'm not.

3. brian_66_usa

Thanks andy The way i was thinking we was going down to a very dark place before our current owners took over and got us to mid table of the EPL . Sir Elton put a large amount into the club because he is a true Watford fan .And took little old Watford to places that that we could only dream of but it was easyer then

andytoprankin likes this.
  4. andytoprankin

Fair points. <ok>

canary-dave likes this.
  5. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

I'd almost be looking at the medical and fitness side of things first..

Not a lot any manager can do with so many injuries - even more so when they cannot communicate easily!

Having said that in defence we still do have experienced international players so maybe that is a concern.

I am not sure Ighalo or Deeney would be first choice were our other strikers fit either.

Certainly there should be no pressure on the Pozzos.

6. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

There is a lot of uproar and dissent on the FB groups.

Whatever the merits of Mazarri or no... we have to stop the rot.

I am not convinced of his tactics, but they seem better than QSF's... but the next few weeks will be telling.

We need to get more players fit and a couple in etc etc

7. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I didn't listen to the commentary that came with my feed, preferring to listen to Jon Marks, but there were numerous shots of Mazzarri who looked like a man under pressure. His agitation was a worry as I expected him to blow up any second. There was also a shot of Deeney talking to one of the staff rather than Walter, making me believe there could still be a communication problem. Even if he learns English how many of the players have it as their first language?

8. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Irrespective if the Pozzos want to sack him or not, imagine 5 - 6 more games without a win. They´d have no choice, as the team would be right in the relegation mix.

9. brian_66_usa

The next 6 games we have midd burley and west ham home so we should be looking for 6 points from the next 6 games

10. andytoprankin

I quite like the tactics, it's the application of whatever is the plan for set pieces. As said, these are accomplished defenders. Why do they look so green?

11. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Apparently WM has said that he's not worried about his future because he speaks to the Pozzos daily and that they are looking at the next 3 years, not the next 5 or 6 games. Didn't QSF say something similar last March?

12. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

In other words the dreaded vote of confindence!

13. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

I'm still in the Mazzarri-in camp, but stuff like this story has baffled me with him;

http://www.wdsport.co.uk/2017/01/doucoure-has-got-a-big-future-in-front-of-him/

Pretty sure quite recently he said that Doucoure and Watson didn't figure in a 'high-tempo' midfield (or maybe that was just WD Sports interpretation of his words). Watson I can understand, but Doucoure seems to have that energy we are missing... the willingness to support the attackers, which the likes of Capoue and particularly Behrami do not do. Hoping we see a bit more of him in the next few weeks, and maybe we are not quite so desperate for a couple of midfielders! I'd prefer to concentrate on a defence that cannot defend crosses!

14. andytoprankin

Capoue (changed by Autocorrect to 'Vapour' <doh>) used to support more, but that's when our forwards were more 'in your face'.

15. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

Before Pereyra was introduced into the team, he was certainly getting forward more - then it seemed he had to play more of a DM than a supporting midfielder. In a midfield 3, no reason why we can't have 1 holding and 2 with a bit more freedom going forward - especially when we have 3 CBs!

16. andytoprankin

They seem less defined now. You can go 1 forward 2 back, or 2 forward 1 back depending on who has possession. The flatness of the back three has been a bit of a problem. I think Kaboul has not been paying enough attention to this, almost as if he expects others to take the line from him. I would like to see Capoue given a little more freedom because he does exploit weaknesses so very well. He's built like a brick.. outhouse ;)) ...but he's a quite nimble and deft-footed and I think we've forgotten how to employ his full skill set recently.