1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

HCST - Hull City vs Swansea City – Boycott Action

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Bengals Tiger

Bengals Tiger Well-Known Member

Agree 100%

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Haven't you just spent over a year complaining about everyone who engaged with the club, saying it was a waste of time, the people we were talking to couldn't affect anything and we were just getting played? :emoticon-0112-wonde

3. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I haven't suggested an immediate engaging with the club, I have suggested using the unexpected management change to communicate, through the media - local, national and social, a magnanimous gesture that might open the door for someone within the club now, or later, to make a respectful move towards the Trust and the supporter base in general.

The only folk the Trust needed to talk to was its membership and the wider supporter base, in particular - but not directly, as I realise the difficulties (sometimes a bold decision has to be taken) - those good folk who donated, whether they finally attended or not, as they undoubtedly had the best interests of the club at heart and perhaps they would have seen that a £6 - £9 donation to charity would have been worth a serious attempt at moving things forward, instead of an immeasurable side-wards.

If the club did come back with something concrete: a change to concessions, reinstating the club name and/or badge, but basically anything that shows respect and a softening of their approach then, yes, just as I have always said, that is the time to agree organised, structured dialogue with them.

I criticised the ongoing subservience to the club because, by their own admittance, they were being ignored and misused. I wanted them to have more control; this would have helped enable that. But, as I said earlier, the Plan B ship has sailed and such opportunities are rare, so back to Plan A and enjoy the football.

4. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I suggested a magnanimous gesture as a result of the changes; I don't think one should be created from thin air. I thought you were on a wind-up, but you really do miss the point.

5. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

6. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

From the Guardian

FA Cup Talking Points

3) Will Hull fans rein in protest chants to help out Silva?

Only 6,608 fans attended Hull City’s win over Swansea. That was the official number: it felt like far fewer and there was an eerie atmosphere inside the KCOM Stadium on Saturday. Those discontented Hull fans have much to feel unhappy about, and their longstanding grievances range from ticket and membership issues to a lack of investment in the team. “It’s important for me that our fans believe in the team because we need help,” said Marco Silva, the new Hull manager, asking those who stayed away to return for the next league match against Bournemouth on Saturday. The boycott was a one-off, but at every home game Hull’s supporters will sing against the Allam family. Even if their reasons are valid, will the chants continue as Silva attempts to drag Hull off the bottom of the table, or will some supporters hold their tongue until the end of the season in an attempt to help their struggling side?

Cortez91 likes this.
  7. greene

greene Well-Known Member

Emphatic no! Chants will continue until the Allams are gone.

8. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Agree. The chants are becoming louder and more vociferous. Keep it going everyone. Alongside whatever positive stuff we are going to sing to Marco and 'the lads' of course. Really looking forward to Saturday having missed last week.

Cortez91, PLT and dennisboothstash like this.
  9. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Clearly I do
    I assumed when last night and this morning you were talking about putting a magnanimous gesture out and seeing who bites you were suggesting actually doing that
    I now understand, I think, that you were saying again that we should have done that before, which was what you suggested at the time
    As the people making the decisions at the time didn't agree with you then, and you are saying that it now can't be done (I didn't realise you meant that) then it probably doesn't matter anyway

10. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Didn't realise that was a fake account at first. It's obvious once you go through the tweets...

11. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

It was redundant suggestion on Saturday morning, as the opportunity had slipped by, all that followed was me defending myself for making a suggestion and then being cross when the response (from the Trust rep) was patronising and poorly considered. It came across that it was far more interesting to insult me than it was to listen, consider and discuss.

Mike in Williamstown likes this.
  12. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I've seen you mention this a few times.

I wasn't trying to be patronising towards you by saying "A serious organisation needs to..." My point was that we'd look daft if we did what you suggested. I thought it would make us look like a really daft organisation. I know you disagree otherwise you wouldn't have suggested it, but I don't think that's the point now.

I don't doubt that you have much more experience than I do and I wasn't trying to suggest anything otherwise. If that's how it came across then I'm sorry.

Fez likes this.
  13. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I thought he ran it passed several supporters first and they said it was a good idea ?

14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

No, Mooney ran it past some supporters, who pointed out it's flaws, but they were ignored.

Cortez91 likes this.
  15. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

So would I dennis . I never expected a reduction .
    Put my pass / membership back up and give concessions to kids and pensioners

That would be fine by me.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  16. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Coincidentally, the kids are my work we're learning what magnanimous meant today. Maybe I'll use this thread as homework. :D

DMD and dennisboothstash like this.
  17. steverico

steverico Well-Known Member

I look at it like this to make a change, you know when you ask someone a few times to stop doing to you what they are doing to you, and you get to a point when your sick of asking, I usually find a punch in the face usually brings about change.

Metaphorically speaking that's what needs to happen to the Allams, asking nicely will never work, a punch in the gob might

18. steverico

steverico Well-Known Member

We sang Allam Out a few times at the back of E4, its surprising how loud it sounds in an empty stadium

dennisboothstash likes this.
  19. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

That was mentioned in one or two reports. Well done. I'll join in on Saturday.

20. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I seem to recall a few feeling positive straight after the meeting. I think there were a few hints on CI that we'd like it, although it's been said that the FWG content differed from the later release.

Here's the initial feedback.
    http://www.not606.com/threads/fwg-meeting.323742/page-5#post-8956558

http://www.not606.com/threads/fwg-meeting.323742/page-12#post-9011380