1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Harry Maguire

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Craigo, Jan 22, 2017.

1. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

He does these runs every game where he runs through the middle with the ball at his feet.
    Hopefully he will bang one into the top corner soon, ideally to win the game,

2. Willson

Willson Well-Known Member

Fantastic analysis on MOTD, Murphy and Keown saying it was the best performance of any CB in the prem this season. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a big bid for Harry before the end of the window.

3. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

My brother in law - Spurs fan was raving about him.

4. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

I wonder if Silva switched to a back 3 against Chelsea to avoid dropping him. <laugh>

Had a fantastic game today, and really should have been brought through sooner - was tough on him that we signed Dawson the same window and he never got the same look in Andy got.

5. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Bet he doesn't make Garth's team.

6. Willson

He might sqeeze him in at left wing knowing the random positions he assigns players

ImperialTiger likes this.
  7. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

He didn't make it in. Lost out to Cahill.

8. Willson

You mean he picked players who scored regardless of performance? There's a massive shock. The fact we contribute to paying his wage is disgusting, joke of a pundit.

timperleytiger and ImperialTiger like this.
  9. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

I've felt for some time, and said so on here, that CMF would eventually be where Harry would become a top level player. Attributes that fit him perfectly for that position are physically his size and strength, next his vision and dribbling ability, third his phenomenal shooting power, and fourth his heading ability and threat on set pieces in the oppositions box. He could be a Yaya Toure in the making given a few more years experience. Imagine the nightmares he could give opposing defenses. And him alongside Thudd, with the latters ability to thread the needle on long range passing, and Harrys thunderous shot from 30 yards in, is a truly game winning prospect. We must hang on to him and Snodders.

10. oldman

oldman Well-Known Member

I think he's benefitted from being around Dawson to be honest, must have learnt a great deal from him and Curtis on the training pitch in the early days.

11. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

2 best players on the pitch yesterday were Harry and Hudd, it will be a travesty if Ehab doesn't give MS the money to enhance this squad, because they are a wonderful group of players.

It's shows why out of all the clubs near the bottom our players are the most sort after, because many are better than other clubs have. DON'T **** THIS UP EHAB.

12. tigerbalm

tigerbalm Active Member

I agree. We have a cracking group of players who deserve more in my opinion. Some great young talent. SB signed Harry and robbo on the same day, now that's how you do transfer business!?

13. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

14. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

15. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

I doubt anyone really know's what Maguire's best position is at the moment. He can head a ball,brave as a lion in the tackle and likes a pop at goal and, as we are seeing now, likes to desert his post in the back four and take the whole f'kin opposition on by himself. Another Patrick Viera in the making or simply somebody who said ' I'll show this lot what Harry Maguire's all about' ???? My guess is Silvers realised he's inherited a rough diamond nobody bothered to polish and won't sell Harry at any price now unless you know who steps in and who tells him otherwise.

Don't hold yer breath.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Fez, PattyNchips2 and CANADATIGER like this.
  16. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

Can anyone remember that semi final against Sheff Utd where he strode out with the ball at 4-3 and skinned about 4 players of ours to the edge of the box. I thought 'he can't do that', that's the feeling I get every time Harry strides out with the ball.

A class act, a gem in a frustrating season. I'd love to see him in a City shirt for years to come. We can dream.

renegadetiger likes this.
  17. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Agree. Start the campaign Willson!

18. fozmaster

fozmaster Active Member

I wrote on the Chelsea twitter account on sunday that if Calamity Stones went to CITEH for £47.5 million, Harry Maguire is worth £50 million on that performance at Chelsea alone, quite a few of their supporters agreed.

19. tigerbalm

tigerbalm Active Member

I think the talk of a sale for a start is premature, but the figures quoted on this thread are absolutely mental. He's played less than 40 games for Hull, more than half were in the Championship. lets put a bit of perspective on things.

20. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

How many PL games had Stones played for Everton before he went for £50m?

City1904 likes this.