1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Happy St Patrick's Day

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Mar 17, 2017.

1. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

The punters in general are always very generous. People here from the working class areas are especially generous. Our generosity as a people is one of the things we are famous for. Fingers crossed regarding grief. On a day like this, I am more terrified of the puker's :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Hoops Eternal likes this.
  2. finglasqpr

Is that Gary Waddock bottom right or was he omitted in error? Good to see our NI players in that picture. St Patrick was the patron saint of the whole island.

Hoops Eternal likes this.
  3. finglasqpr

Martin Rowlands also not in that picture

4. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

I had far too much Guinness last night
    Take it easy tonight with your celebrations

Wherever and finglasqpr like this.
  5. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's who I thought it was, although it's a very young version.....

please log in to view this image

finglasqpr likes this.
  6. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Yesterday on CBC radio here (link attached below) I listened to an excellent interview with Marie Collins, and consider that statement would be most appropriate in her case.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/tapestry/marie-collins-abuse-survivor-challenges-the-church-1.4018300/survivor-who-quit-papal-committee-on-abuse-tells-her-story-1.4018335

7. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Very powerful speech by the lady.......

Not wishing to get into religious arguement but during the week Bishop Eamonn Casey was laid to rest.......a former Bishop of Galway......he was buried in the crypt in Galway Cathedral......nowt wrong with that except this was the Bishop who fathered a child 20 odd years ago and rather than being ex communicated by the Catholic Church he was moved to a missionary role in Africa and then welcomed back into Ireland with running a parish as if nothing had happened........totally hypocritical......

8. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Is this the 'worst pint of Guinness imaginable'?
    • 16 March 2017
    Image copyright Pool
    Speaker of the House Paul Ryan lifted a pint of Guinness at the annual Friends of Ireland luncheon in Washington, DC.
    But the symbolic act may have backfired due to the look of the beer in the glass.
    "First Mike Pence says 'top of the morning', then Paul Ryan holds up this appalling pint, grave missteps by the US," wrote Irish journalist Naomi O'Leary.
    The toast came at the end of a speech on Ryan's Irish roots.
    "Ireland may be a small island, but look at all she has given us. Her light floods the world. To America, she is, as General Washington himself said, 'friend of my country in my country's most friendless day.' "
    Ryan raised the glass - with a thin layer of foam inches away from the top of the rim - as a gestures of friendship during the annual luncheon, which has occurred since 1983.
    US President Donald Trump and Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny were also in attendance.
    "To what our forefathers have started, and our children will continue. May the light always shine upon them. Slainte," he said.
    On Twitter, pint purists ignored his warm words, and instead focused on his poor pour.
    "In a subtle yet cavalier act of diplomacy, Enda has given Paul Ryan the worst pint of Guinness imaginable," wrote Irishman Conor O'Neill.
    "Just how long has that pint been sat there? I can barely look..." wrote Neil Wilson, campaigns director for Conservatives for Liberty.
    "The tremendous amount of real estate at the top of that pint, probably pulled an hour before," lamented Boston-based music critic Emily Reily.
    And some couldn't help draw comparisons to the frothy pint Barack Obama enjoyed on a trip to Ireland in 2011.
    Image copyright Getty Images
    But the bottom line remains: Ryan was drinking a beer at lunch while many Americans - and Irish - were still stuck at their desks.
    And that raises the question: is a bad pint of Guinness better than no pint at all?

9. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Is this how the Irish got into America....

Have a good craic today guys, hope the heids not too sore tomorrow!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    finglasqpr likes this.
  10. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

Happy St Patrick's Day to all our Irish mates on here!

finglasqpr and Tramore Ranger like this.

11. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

top of the morning,my beautifull irish mates

finglasqpr likes this.