1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Happy Article 50 day

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by OLOF, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

To what end, its not as though either side can claim that the not voted would of voted to stay of go?

2. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

Morning Mick and the same to you mate. <ok> :grin:

3. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Exactly LL, our schools, hospitals, old peoples homes to name only a few that truly deserve it more than than the massive corrupt black hole that is the failed EU project. <ok>

4. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

And there's an option 1. There's a very good chance that the cost of new trade deals will be more than the money we spent in the membership.

5. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Run along then 2020, but consider this that Cameron said in 2014 that the British people would turn more against the EU if it appointed Juncker - well, well, well. <doh>

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/27/david-cameron-loses-jean-claude-juncker-vote-eu

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  6. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

We'll see in time mate. <ok>

7. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Nor are we in a recession/depression (although some would say this board is everyday with you <whistle>) or are we in WW3. <doh>

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  8. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Feck all to do with you anyway Eire, least you'll get your border control back as it's what the EU want but not our problem soon.

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  9. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Really, do you do context Norman? <doh> <laugh>

10. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Leftie prick can't even keep his own party under control and he guarantees a permanent Tory government.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    FORZA LEEDS likes this.

11. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

beware the ides of March.oh woe is me ,woe is me.

12. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

We'll see in the next 2 years but a win win outcome for us & the EU is the best outcome as we both need to come away with a good deal for both our sakes. <ok>

13. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nail on the head for me though mate... the reason I voted out and probably many others. I am sick of the way this country has been going. There is so much to be pissed off about, I could rattle on and on about it all...

Remaining in Europe nothing was going to change, I would have still been pissed off in 10 years time and with the policy of opening the Europe door to countries like Romania and propping up Greece every 6 months I couldn't see it ever getting better so I voted for change. If things get worse then it was a gamble I was willing to take but a no lose gamble, I'm unhappy with the country now so I will either still be unhappy or things will improve and I'll be chuffed.

Those complaining about us leaving have no idea either, they said the stock market would crash, the FTSE is 17% higher since the vote. That is ignored but if it was 17% lower it would be rammed down the throats of the Brexit campaign. I'm not arguing why it is higher, just pointing out one of the many scaremongering wrongs that they were harping on about.

Hand on heart I have no idea if voting leave was right and nobody does, but equal to that those who voted remain don't know either.

My fear is the moaners "wanting" it to be worse, wanting to say "I told you so". As a nation if we all stick together we can certainly try and make it work. We need those that voted remain to stop the whinging and say hey, we had a referendum, we voted out I don't agree but let's make it work.

Europe is truly pissed that we are leaving, some of the other leaders are having tantrums and dummy spitting but they are pissed. If they were not losing more than they had to gain why would they be so unhappy.

Same as Trump or Clinton, I hate Clinton, I understand every concern anyone has about Trump and he is far from an ideal leader of the most powerful nation but... He will be far better for the UK than Clinton would have been.

The insane people are those planning on protesting his visit, I bet 90% of them don't know any of the true facts, they can't see what a potential trade deal with the USA could bring the country.

Anyway, we are leaving, it was a fair vote with lies told by both sides, the exact same happens every election and what do we blame it on, "they fought a better campaign". We need to make it work and accept it is happening.

hemase, Jammy 07, FORZA LEEDS and 3 others like this.
  14. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Well said Rich, that bit sums it up for me as has been said many times before that they need us more than we need them. <ok>

lifecheshirewhite and ristac like this.
  15. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

we survived up to 1974 before we were in EU.
    no wonder Londoners wanted to stay in, EU is as corrupt as they are down south.

16. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

we have commonwealth to fall back on..
    we'll be OK

17. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Agree we'll see in next 2 years (or probably longer). If the outcome is the one David Davis says, that is a deal the same as we have now, - or even close, then I'll accept nrexit has not been the disaster I expect. If it isn't, it WILL have been a disaster and people should get - and will demand - a chance to think again

18. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

We'll see mate. <ok>

19. 2020VisionofLeeds

I don't know how old you are. I started work in 1970, I. And tell you we barely survived, we were up **** creek

It's not that simple, other things have changed too of course, but please don't hark back to the glory days, they were bloody awful

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  20. 2020VisionofLeeds

<laugh>