1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hack Watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by humanbeingincroydon, Sep 21, 2016.

1. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

"Football has changed in the three years since Sir Alex Ferguson retired. This is the new football," Mourinho said.
    "Do you think I can go to Tottenham and buy two players to kill Tottenham? I can't."

Won't stop you from trying though, will it, Jose?

As for Ozil to Barca, I still think that Mourinho will go in for him this summer.
    He got him to work at Madrid and he got him playing the best football of his career.
    Cut price player that he's worked with already and he gets to weaken Arsenal, too?
    May depend on winning the Europa League and Arsenal missing out on the top 4, though.

2. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

The Daily Mail, a publication that has become quite pro-Spurs in recent times, has poured cold water on The Sun's suggestion that Eric Dier is on his way to Old Trafford. They confirm that United want him (that's the reason for attempting to tap him up through the gutter press) but that they know they've got no chance, as Spurs don't want to sell.

Suggestions that Kyle Walker might leave for £45m+ but the rest is just The Sun making mischief. As they own Sky and TalkShit, expect a lot more of it.

3. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

We could loan them Walker for £10M per week (until our new staduim is paid off)

4. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

But Real Madrid plan to sign Belgium international Hazard in order to convince Paris St-Germain's 24-year-old Italy midfielder Marco Verratti to join Chelsea instead of rivals Barcelona.

...errm, can somebody explain this logic to me? How does a club selling one player encourage another player to join them? Surely the more likely scenario would be, having seen Hazard depart for Los Ladrones, Verratti would think that he'd be better off joining Barca as they won't be missing a large part of their attacking fulcrum as well as the main source of the team's illegally-won set pieces?

5. humanbeingincroydon

Also...

No further comment necessary.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  6. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Very busy across the board activity by the hacks this week on
    the 'Spurs cannot guarantee keeping key players this summer'
    Narrative (TM) ...

Tom Comatose in the ES yesterday.

Some BBC Sport plank-ton for the past week.

NBC Sport yesterday during their "panel" segments of their match
    programme yesterday.

7. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

I don't listen to Adrian Durham but at the end of the magnificent Hawksbee and Jacobs show I heard his main storyline, which was................Yes, you guessed it - "If Spurs sell all their players, what's the point?"

If things sound bleak, I will add in that his guest was Andy 'Big Nose' Townsend. I preferred to stick knitting needles in my ears.

8. The RDBD

Should have called in, and said :

Rhetorical question. Discussion over,
    Hope you have another topic to discuss in order to pad out the time.

9. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

This is the man who (in 2012 after Chelsea won the CL) said we should apologise to Modric for lacking class by NOT selling him to Chelsea as we had "spoilt his dream". A few weeks later he criticised us for being a selling club when Modric went to Real Madrid.
    He is a professional WUM who helps Talksport make money by pissing off fans who then pay to phone in or text in to argue with him.

10. humanbeingincroydon

I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's not particularly difficult to hack into somebody's phone, so all we need is Durham's mobile number and wonder how long before he realises he's paying for someone to call him a colossal dullard on air...

11. BBC 'Gossip' still floundering over the usual suspects.....
    - Dier to ManUre, but will cost £50m
    - Walker will be sold but for £40m apparently to Citeh or now Chelsea!!
    (So which one of Moses or Walker will be bench-warming??)

12. remembercolinlee

I have no idea why they think spurs will sell Walker to one of the 2 richest clubs in the world for £40m.
    We got £32m gor Berbatov 9 years ago!
    Walker is the best in his position in England and one of the best in Europe and he has over 4 years left on his contract so why do they think we would let him go cheaplt to a rival who will be strengthened while we are weakened for just £40m?
    Genuinely makes no sense...particularly as we are supposed to be demanding £50m for Dier!

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  13. humanbeingincroydon

So not only are the papers continuing with the fiction that Gareth Bale is heading to Old Trafford (three years of this failing to happen and counting!) but now we're hearing that the reason he wouldn't return to Spurs is because of Poch, the reasoning for spouting such obvious drivel is that Bale would be a poor fit for the team.

Errm...excuse me? I seem to recall him being a perfect fit for the team when they were playing the Fisher Price version of Poch's system, because not only was he our major attacking outlet but he also mucked in when the team didn't have the ball, tracking back when the opposition didn't have the ball but also pressing...which are two things Poch expects from his players, which is why Chadli was sold last summer as he did neither.

What's most hilarious about these claims (apart from they're made up) is how they're essentially saying that, because he's too lazy to put in the effort when the team don't have the ball, he'd be a perfect fit for Moronho...which is outright delusional, because when Moronho teams don't have the ball they're supposed to put a lot of effort into racing into the six yard box, just as they're expected to burn a lot of energy hounding the officials whenever they don't get a decision go their way.

14. The RDBD

Bale is damaged goods now for Spurs purely on the wage front.
    If the time comes that Madrid ditch him and he returns to the PL, he
    will probably end up at a Manc club on Zlatan-esque wages.

15. You're probably right, but I still have a glimmer of hope about GB that he isn't as driven by $$ as some others. However......
    My principal concerns would be that a) we could not get anywhere near RM valuation to start with and b) he is starting to look like 'damaged goods' from a repeat injury perspective. He missed chunks of 2015/16 season and over 4 months of the current one.

16. The RDBD

Irony for me is the continued fitness of CR7, and the amusement it gives me.

If you believe the premise that Bale was bought as the heir apparent for the
    eventual end of CR7, it ain't happening anytime soon it seems.
    Though CR7 is fast, his entire game is not dependent on it our Azza was.
    Bale OTOH does not seem to be so robust.

He may well turn out to just be classic "Galactico" fodder .
    A sacrificial signing made to placate restless fans unhappy with the thought
    of losing La Liga / CL arms race to Barca indefinitely.

17. Manchester United and Manchester City could both move for Barcelona forward Neymar after the 25-year-old Brazil international's father urged him to leave Barcelona for the Premier League. (Express)

<doh>
    Neymar's dad dumps a steaming pile of **** and the hacks come buzzing around like flies!

18. humanbeingincroydon

Sky Sports hackery at its finest: Lyall Thomas posts this tweet...

Posts an unsubstantiated story, and when challenged on it his initial response says literally nothing at all, and it takes further prodding to commit to actually giving reasons why - it's actually the bloke who isn't Lyall Thomas who is answering his own question, and guaranteed that'll be regurgitated tomorrow morning.

19. remembercolinlee

I do not get why Walker would be throwing such a hissy fit cos the manager rotated.
    He was right to not start Walker in the NLD cos we won. Not starting him in the Semi final proved to be a mistake as did startig him in the West Ham game.
    Manager swap players around at all clubs and if Walker is throwing a strop and demanding to leave then he is simply being a bit of a twat imo.
    I have no idea of the truth about what's going on with him but Pochettino has the right to pick who ever he thinks will win a game for spurs. Walker can be pissed off and in many ways I am glad he is as it shows passion and a desire. But I find it hard to believe a fully grown adult could be as childish as those tweets suggest.

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  20. humanbeingincroydon

Manchester City players are convinced Sanchez, and Tottenham and England defender Kyle Walker, 26, will join them for a combined £100m. (Daily Mirror)

As we're playing that game, here's tomorrow's headline...

Spurs Not606 posters are convinced Manchester United will offer £30m and Marcus Rashford for Clinton N'Jie

Same story, same amount of credibility, same lack of sources. Besides, everyone knows it'll be a straight swap with Rashford and N'Jie.

Last edited: May 24, 2017