1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hack Watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by humanbeingincroydon, Sep 21, 2016.

1. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

I had absolutely no idea Barkley was mixed race, but I hope if I was to be writing an article about him in a national publication that I would research that kind of thing before writing a comment like that - obviously insulting and in these circumstances, open to interoperation as a racist slur.

2. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Its the **** wit's attitude that that stands out.
    He said he didn't know Barkley was mixed race and that the calling of the article racist was "beyond parody".
    If I had written that stuff in an attempt to be funny but was then told the person I had likened to a gorilla was mixed race I would have simply apologised.
    The man took ****ing years to back down from his scummy story about Hillsborough when proven to be lies and it says everything about him that even the Sun has removed the column and apologised for it.
    He is and always has been a male version of that disgusting waste of oxygen Katie Hopkins.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  3. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

A few years ago there was a cringeworthy documentary on TV where MacKenzie took to the streets of Liverpool in an attempt to win over the hearts and minds of Liverpudlians...with the argument that The People ran a similar headline after Hillsborough, so why weren't Scousers boycotting that paper as well?

It does seem to be the way with the higher-ups in Murdoch's Empire that they will never, ever admit they were wrong and don't care how many people they take down by not apologising, for example there has never been a single word of apology from Rebekah Brooks over the news of the World phone hacking scandal, not even when the NotW was closed down so she could keep her job or even when she somehow got acquitted of any wrongdoing in spite of the reams of evidence that said she was bang to rights.

4. humanbeingincroydon

Where's the stories about a drunk Englishman invading Granada's training ground during a training session?

...wait, you mean that's their manager?

5. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Everton have banned The Sun from Goodison. Don't know what took them so long.
    We should join them as a show of solidarity. And because it's ****.

6. humanbeingincroydon

As I've said before and I'll say again, the people of Liverpool really need to make their voices heard by cancelling their Sky subscriptions. Costing Murdoch millions overnight will force a genuine apology.

7. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He'd just shut the paper down, launch a new one and hire all the same people. The ****.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  8. humanbeingincroydon

Considering that Murdoch Inc pay MacKenzie £300k a year for his column...

...I'll pause for a moment to let everyone loudly swear obscenities at that figure...

...it wouldn't surprise me if Murdoch had been waiting for some time to tear up MacKenzie's contract, and like an idiot MacKenzie just gave him the perfect reason to do so.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  9. humanbeingincroydon

Not content with getting blacklisted from the majority of Merseyside (come on, Tranmere, show some solidarity!) The Sun have decided to follow up on their quest to get sued by the entire UK in alphabetical order by claiming that Shadow Justice Secretary Richard Burgon is a Nazi sympathiser based solely on the font that his mates in the Leeds band Dream Troll who Burgon has performed with use on the cover of their album We Sold Our Souls for Rock n Troll

There's a slight problem with their story, though, as plenty of Black Sabbath fans were quick to point out...

please log in to view this image

One day they might employ people to check their copy for stuff that could get them sued, but apparently that day won't be coming soon.

Burgeon's response was pretty brutal, though...

"When The Sun hates you and what you stand for, they'll come at you. That's not right, but it's what The Sun does to people like me who have different views and principles to those of Rupert Murdoch, Kelvin MacKenzie and the rest of them.

But The Sun should leave my mates out of it. They are not politicians and they shouldn't have their lives intruded upon in this way. They are mates and they will always be my mates. In places like Leeds, we stick together.

The Sun doesn't get that. They'll make up stories about innocent people dying at Hillsborough and not care.

They'll attack trade unionists.

They'll attack police officers for getting a lunch break.

They'll attack immigrants and asylum seekers.

They'll attack people who are looking for work and people who can't work because they're ill.

Don't ever let The Sun become "The Voice of Britain" - because if it does, we will all become victims of the hate of those who run the show at The Sun."

10. On a very much minor scale, but another example of simply inaccurate reporting - even when reporting the actual event would have better supported the narrative of the story - that Wilshere was ****!! <laugh>

"Wilshere gave the ball away for Tottenham’s second goal, had a hand in the first Bournemouth conceded, and then went off injured following a Harry Kane challenge."

11. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Yes he did and his father was a Baker.

12. ****ing ****ers on MOTD2!!!
    Completely contradicting themselves in their desire to create a negative narrative on Spurs!!! <doh>

13. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

What did they do or say?

14. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

They're now all saying how Poch will struggle to sign players that he can keep happy next season to improve our squad etc etc...

Usual bollocks. Haters gotta hate.

I have total faith in Poch he'll get the quality we need. We don't need superstars on crazy wages. He'll nurture youth and develop them like he has these past four years.

Pundits don't know ****.

15. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Just watching it on MOTD2 extra.

Just a load of hackneyed mantra on Pochettino interest, Spurs players going,
    wage bill, cost of new WHL, blah blah blah.

TBH, calling it a Narrative (TM) is IMHO being very gracious. :)

16. crackerman jack

crackerman jack Well-Known Member

If you think that's bad, the Sunday supplement we're discussing if Spurs could keep hold of Poch. Can't find the link but it's on the sky sports app.
    I don't normally get annoyed by stuff but this was ridiculous!

17. Small squad blah blah blah,back up for Kane blah blah blah, no-one decent will come in as a bench-warmer blah blah blah, need quality back up for CB's blah blah blah, best players will go to bigger clubs blah blah blah, all top clubs want Poch blah blah blah.... You get the drift? <laugh>

18. Sorry I missed a couple....
    New stadium, no money to spend blah blah blah, Spurs don't match 'top clubs' wages blah blah blah..... There might be some more I've missed <laugh>

19. crackerman jack

crackerman jack Well-Known Member

Found it! First bit is fine but the rest is absolute b*llocks

The Sun's
    Head of Sport,Shaun Custis, said: "There's a real feeling among the players that they don't want to let him down and I think they felt they did let him down at the end of last season.

"Losing to Newcastle the way they did [on the final day of last season] was dreadful. That took him into the summer really angry and it was almost like, 'That must not happen again'. The players realised that.

"The whole group is rallying around the manager now and the manager clearly has got them completely believing in him. You just wonder whether he will stay.

"He has been for dinner publicly with Sir Alex Ferguson, then with Barcelona, and you might say it's nothing. But he is talking to people at influential clubs around Europe. Why does he do that? Just for fun?
    The Independent's Chief Football Writer, Miguel Delaney, responded: "It's a very intelligent strategy. The big issue for Spurs over the last 20 years, and particularly the last decade, has been keeping their best players.

"You look at [Luka] Modric, [Gareth] Bale and going back to [Dimitar] Berbatov. Now it's the opposite. It's almost like the players want to stay and they are worried about the manager going.

"You can see that because they've all signed new contracts. As warm as Pochettino can be with the players, he can be quite a hard figure when it comes down to business.

"It's always good for him to have options in the background. He has earned the admiration of so many huge figures in the game, including Ferguson.

"But he is building one of the most exciting teams in Europe at the moment. They look so mature, especially after last season, given how young the squad is."

please log in to view this image

Pochettino hailed his Spurs players after they put Bournemouth to the sword

The Sunday Mirror's Chief Football Writer, Simon Mullock, said: "Spurs, whether they like it or not, do have a bit of a reputation as a selling club if the price is right.

"They have to keep that team together and that's probably the key to making sure the manager remains happy."

Custis: "But if Barcelona came and said, 'Pochettino, we want you', is he really going to say, 'No thanks, I'm building something special at Spurs?'

"I can't see that happening."

Delaney: "He has got this connection with Espanyol."

Custis: "I've never bought that and the fact he went out for dinner [with Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu] proved that to me.

"I don't think that's as a strong as people are making out. If Barcelona come calling it's a very difficult thing to say no.

Delaney: "The one thing I would say to that, just before the game against Man City in October we were talking about the history of Pep Guardiola at Barcelona and an unprompted Pochettino went on a five-minute monologue about how Espanyol are the real workers' team.

"It was someone who seemed very involved and very invested in the identity of Espanyol. So I think it's a bit deeper than what you say.

"If he or one of their big players went just as they moved into the new stadium, it would just take away from the excitement a little bit. If they're all there walking in for that first game, it fosters a sense of something new."

20. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Were you intending to show that The Suns' football knowledge is basically
    2 + 2 = 555 / gossip, while The Independent is trying to be objective and credible ??