1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Guess what?

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by evergold, Feb 24, 2012.

1. evergold

evergold New Member

So, Morgan has gone for the cheapest option yet again. He has appointed Connor, as he and Moxey could have done on day 1 after Mick's departure. Had they done this, they would have saved all the embarrassment the club has since had to endure.

As an example of Premiership club board leadership, this whole sorry saga is pitiful. And the 2Ms are still there, ready to perpetrate the whole mess again, no doubt, in three months' time.

Is Connor the man for the job? Who knows. He suffers from assiciation with McCarthy's many mistakes, but whether he was complicit in them is hard to know. The alternative, though, is that he just didn't have enough influence with Mick to steer him on to the right track. He has no Premiership management experience, originally deemed a MUST by Morgan. All we can do is wish him well but I guess the one saving grace is that nobody bar the most blinkered happy clapper expects anything of him between now and the end of the season. Anything better than this is a bonus!

See you all again in three months' time.

2. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

Of course the whole process has been a shambles from start to finish. To begin with a decision to stick with or get rid of McCarthy should have been made in December, when any replacement would have had a chance to do a few deals in January. The sacking looks like a knee-jerk reaction when for every success story like Roy Hodgson for the Baggies there are many more failures (at least we didn't go for Ian Dowie).
    Nevertheless appointing Connor isn't about saving money. I suspect Morgan only had Alan Curbishley in mind, and all of the chaos has come about as a result of him turning us down. Morgan has to take responsibility for pinning all his hopes on one man.
    I'm severely depressed and can't see any way TC can turn things round; if he knew what the problems were why hasn't he done anything about them already? But at least Morgan has avoided (for the moment) a panic appointment that will cause more trouble in the long run (Roy Keane, Paul Ince.....). The recruitment process has to continue immediately, and we have to hope that the 2Ms have learned a few lessons (perhaps get some help from someone who knows what they are doing).
    Relegation by early April I reckon.