1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Great Story

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Red top reader, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

Lost the word Story off the title... useless ****er I am

Apologies if previously posted.......

Grandson's touching tribute to one of Hull City's oldest fans who spent a lifetime cheering on the Tigers

Sherard Pearson even met his wife of 63 years Sylvia on a coach back from a Hull City match with Sheffield Wednesday.
    please log in to view this image

Sherard Pearson and his grandson Dan Aitchison celebrating FA Cup semi-final win over Sheffield Utd in 2014
    One of Hull City’s oldest fans who supported the club for 90 years has died.

Popular Sherard Pearson even met his wife Sylvia on a coach back from a Tigers match at Sheffield Wednesday.
    Even aged 91, Mr Pearson managed to make his way to Wembley for the club’s memorable FA Cup final against Arsenal in 2014 which they narrowly lost 3-2.

Sherard Pearson with then Hull City boss Steve Bruce
    But, sadly, Mr Pearson passed away peacefully with family by his side on Wednesday after battling chronic obstructive pulmonary disease(COPD) later in life.

Mr Pearson’s grandson Daniel Aitchison paid tribute to the devout Hull City fan.

He said: “My grandad had supported Hull City since he was a little boy and he must have been one of the club’s oldest fans. His father had supported Hull City since it was first established.

Hull City fan Sherard Pearson with his wife of 63 years Sylvia
    “If it was not for Hull City none of us would be here because it was through his support that he met my grandma in 1949.
    “She had missed her coach back from an away game against Sheffield Wednesday and ended up on the same one as him.

“She was also a Hull City supporter but later she began to follow Hull KR more."

Mr Atchison accompanied his granddad on the unforgettable FA Cup final trip.

One of Hull City's oldest fans Sherard Pearson
    He said: “Attending the FA Cup final was one of my grandad’s biggest highlights. He was losing his capacity to walk so it wasn’t easy getting there but it was well worth it.

“We had attended the semi-final which was brilliant and making the final was extra special.
    “He would always be recognised when we went to matches. During the FA Cup final there was a double-page spread in the programme and people would come up and speak to him about it.

“He loved Boothferry Park. He and my grandma moved to County Road in 1966 so it was not far from where he lived.

“He was disappointed the club got relegated last season but he was convinced they would go straight back up. We will have to wait and see.”

Hull City fan Sheard Pearson with the FA Cup
    Mr Pearson was born in Lambert Street in west Hull in 1922. He worked on the railways and, because of this, he was exempt from fighting in the Second World War.

He and Sylvia married in 1963 and after leaving the railways he took a job as a caretaker. It was while doing this it is thought he was exposed to asbestos which caused his COPD.
    He leaves behind four children, nine grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.

Mr Aitchison said: “My grandad was a true gentleman and nobody ever had a bad word to say to him. He was so loving and would do anything for anybody.

“If I lived half the life he has I would die a happy man.”

2. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Worthy of its own thread tbh.

Did anyone on here know him?

RIP Mr Pearson.

3. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

RIP Mr Pearson. You have given your Grand Kids a wonderful gift of supporting City and some really precious memories.

RIP

4. Bergerac28

Bergerac28 Active Member

A real fan RIP

5. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

A proper lifetime of support.

RIP.

6. Cdtiger1

Cdtiger1 New Member

RIP Mr Pearson <peacedove> xxx

7. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

RIP Mr Pearson

8. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

Mr Pearson you are a legend. RIP young fella<cheers><cheers><rose><rose>

9. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

He reminds me of my dad, except dad simply refuses to die.

10. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

This phone is really doing my head in, when i posted this "story" disappeared, now its back, I'm honestly losing my way.....
    I love the part where he met his future wife after a city game. brilliant

11. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It took them 14 years from meeting to tieing the knot though. Must have had doubts when she started going to the rugby more than the football, but thankfully they managed to work past that problem.

Red top reader likes this.
  12. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

RIP Sherard Pearson <rose> <peacedove>