1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gradel Wants 25,000

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Josh-LUFC, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2011/07/gradels-agent-wants-25000-per-week/?

A bit ridiculous if you ask me and i agree with what this guy has to say, we would be paying over 1m per more than we currently do if we were to give into that wage demand. Some may say that that is worth it but then why is gradel getting so much more money than snodgrass so then snodgrass asks for 25,000 and becchio and howson so then we are paying far too much money on wages.
    It states in the article 25,000 is more than the average wage amount is for a player in the premier league, sorry but if gradel is asking for that i think we should sell but that doesnt mean give him away for 1m to west ham

Then again this probably isnt all true anyway but if it is....

2. Spanish white

Spanish white Active Member

what a load of bollocks nobody know what he wants.....

Its all speculation.......

i want 10k but my boss told me to F off :)

3. Josh-LUFC

lol i know thats why i put the bit at the end 'then again this probably isnt all true anyway'

4. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

If that is true, it's very excessive wages. However, with the highest crowds, ticket prices and probably quite high mercandise etc. sales, then why can't we afford these wages.

Obviously, it's better for the club to cover itself rather than give in to a players demands. Gradel is good, but at the moment, he isn't a £25,000 a week player.

5. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

Thing is Duncan Castles who actually is a very reliable source. He's the guy who mention we had signed brown before any other media got word of it!

6. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Gradel has had one good seasonfollowing his on off season the year before when his antics almost cost us promotion .If he wants 25k and I can only think he has thought of this number because Beckford got it at Everton I say we must sell him now and not be held to ransomehe may or may not prove a premiership player bit at least we will have £3m in our account

7. SixFootFive

SixFootFive Member

The thing that annoys me is that you'd be closer to the mark if, in your title, you replaced 'Gradel' with 'Gradel's agent'.

8. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

Doesn't make a difference, the agent is working on behalf of gradel. Its as good as

9. bigfatboab

bigfatboab Well-Known Member

Give him the cash, he's worth it and if that is the rate for a player in the Championshp, then bloddy well pay it. We have the money, just stop the stupid stuff like hotels.

10. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but Gradel isn't worth more than double what Becchio and Snoddy are getting and more than the average PL wage. What worried me even more was that Castles said repeatedly it was Gradels agents. What is the game coming to really? If the demands aren't dropped then either get rid now or risk getting to the Prem then up the wages.

11. bigfatboab

Most of our players appear not to be on the going rate for top players in the Championship, so my point is we should be paying our top players the going rate, and if that means a few of them move up to £25,000 per week, then so be it, we have the cash, it just needs to be taken from the nonsense business plan that Bates has.

12. Josh-LUFC

no bigfatboab we dont have the cash to do that, very few championship teams would and that would only be there owners money thats been invested, no player at leeds united is worth that, snoddy would be worth maybe 20 max, but gradel i wouldnt pay more than 16 regardless of what he is demanding

13. bigfatboab

I think we do have the cash, but will not spend it on players. I would agree that they are not worth the money asked for, I don't think anybody is, but if (I have no clarification that this is the average wage for a top player in the Championship) this is what clubs are paying players, then we should be up there with them.

14. Josh-LUFC

yes i agree but not on a player who has had one good season and still shows many signs of being a bad player, IF and thats a big if players do get that much then i can see snoddy being offered it, becchio and howson but even then... thats far too much spent on players wages especially as we already have the second highest wages in the league, i really do doubt that is the going rate for good championship players

15. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

But that's not the going rate for the Championship, it's more than the going rate for the Premiership.

16. bigfatboab

Anybody have evidence of what is the average wage in the Championship?

17. Josh-LUFC

average wage for a championship player is 4,000 apparently, that doesnt take into account the good players and the not so good players though, another answer i got from google is 2-10k a week is where most players wages fall into for the championship. Thats considerably lower than 25,000 just to let you know

18. Whiteyorkist

Whiteyorkist Active Member

about 200K p.a a low guess

19. Josh-LUFC

yea i saw on about 3 different site 195,750 and i think that is too accurate to be a stab in the dark figure

20. bigfatboab

That's a massive difference, so where on earth would Gradel's agent get £25,000 per week from, unless he knows he will be sold.