1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gouffran released??

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by ToonJam, Jul 6, 2017.

1. ToonJam

ToonJam Member

Anyone heard anything about Gouffran being released. Someone on another forum reckons he has ???

2. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

He's out of contract but there's an offer of 2 years on the table from the club. When even Gouffran isn't signing up something's not right!

3. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

We all need to calm down a bit. It would be nicer to get our business done early but it isn't essential. I'm sure we'll have at least 3 or 4 signings before the season starts.

4. Lord Jonjomort

The Rafa Effect - we can drop hope to just 3 (possible) signings and all is ok. I can't even be remotely bothered to locate the dozens of posts about the need for half a dozen or more.

5. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

We've got 2 and we need at least 3 or 4 more. I think we'll have at least 3 or 4 more before the season starts and another couple before the window closes

6. Lord Jonjomort

Well hope springs eternal.

7. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

People keep saying just 3 or 4 more - but these 3 or 4 more have to be first team starters and not squad players like the players we have been linked with. Our squad is poor.

8. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Nevermind that, why are you cheating on us with another forum you ****ing hussy? :emoticon-0135-makeu

Delusional Full Stop likes this.
  9. Lord Jonjomort

The thing is at the level we need to be talking about - first team starters or at least regulars - you're talking about decent players....with agents. This is where all rumours begin, as agents have absolutely zero loyalty and no real interest in keeping schtum. It's not in their or their players' best interests to just not say anything, to play nice with Newcastle and let us have the best deal for the club. It's in their interests to drum up interest, to make the market aware. Look at Everton with Lukaku - sure, they may take £75m, but by it all coming out and being all over the BBC, we now have Chelsea working out just how much they'd be willing to pay. Everton may get another £10m for that player, the agent will certainly be a bit richer and Lukaku will have a better deal on the table. The days of us sneaking around the back and stealing Cabaye or Wijnaldum are, I feel, gone. Lejuene may turn out to be every bit as good, but I'm going to be realistic and expect a Debuchy or Clark type signing - decent enough - but we're unlikely to be seeing a Virgil van Dijk.

My huge concerns kick in because the negotiations and offer part all sit in Charnley's court. It's all well and good Rafa saying "I want this guy, that guy, the other guy" but at some point Lee has to get involved. I'm struggling with Hank's theory of a domino effect with big clubs, just don't understand how that effects us.

10. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

I blame Windy!!

Delusional Full Stop likes this.

11. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

He appears to have gone into hiding too!

12. Lord Jonjomort

Yep, how many weeks since his contribution on the 'Rafa - Surprises Are Coming' thread!!

SURPRISE! Dummett's got a new contract and is the only left back at the club.
    SURPRISE! I'm going to see if Tim Krul, Emmanuel Riviere and Henri Saivet can save me a few quid. If not we'll buy in Jan.....probably....
    SURPRISE! Believe it or not I'm going to keep Daryl Murphy - who couldn't get to the PL and is now 35 - to compliment our PL-quality strikeforce of Missrovic and Gayle.
    SURPRISE! We're going to put Stevie Nicks in place as Head of Recruitment, in spite of zero success, pedigree or experience.
    SURPRISE! Just when you thought Gouffran had finally gone, we've offered him a new contract.

please log in to view this image

Flash likes this.
  13. ToonJam

ToonJam Member

don't worry I was just looking I wouldn't cheat on the forum. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

14. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Windy has been temporarily banned by us Moderators for the ultimate crime of raising false hope. When he is unbanned he can class that as one of his surprises - the bastard!

Lord Jonjomort likes this.
  15. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I bet you say that to all the men.

16. magpie290761

magpie290761 Well-Known Member

Some
    Someone's glass is half empty lol. Time will tell. We won't be spending massive money that's pretty obvious but always was. Expect we will sign several more players yet, how good they turn out to be only time will show but as usual I will be getting behind them.

17. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

How have you concluded that? We were told we had plenty of money (obviously not silly money), enough to get some decent players in. Not the ****e we are linked with (apart from Reina) and we certainly shouldn't be looking at loans as surely our new Head of Recruitment who has brought in so many wonderful U21's knows that they can hopefully step up.

18. magpie290761

magpie290761 Well-Known Member

Concluded via criticism of Dummett and Nickson, believing the usual chronicle stories on the retuning loanees and the general glass half empty feel of the post.
    Not sure when we were told we had plenty of money, people just assumed it from the vague comments from Ashley and the fact that Rafa is still here.When PL clubs are getting £100M MINIMUM from last season and we are getting about £47M it's never going to be easy.
    As I keep saying, it might be taking a long time but judge the window when it closes and judge the quality of the squad when you see it play.
    I share the frustration that it's taking so long to see anything happen but the constant whinging on about it by some is even more frustrating. Moan when you have cause to moan not in anticipation of possibly in your own opinion maybe having something to moan about in six weeks time.

19. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

And here endeth a forum on football.

20. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Dummett is **** (maybe at best a relegation scrap team player), Nickson has been promoted from U21's yet we are looking at loans for U21 players of other teams.

I also, don't care how much money we have as long as the money is spent on IMPROVING our relegation FAVOURITES squad. The players we are linked to are absolute dross or players who only add to the current level of quality in the squad.

As for people banging on about "well, judge us at the end of 6 weeks" - we will have played 3 league games and a cup game. No getting used to tactics or the other players like other teams, not getting things right as players may be played in wrong positions etc. Also, those 3 games we play before the end of 6 weeks are all games I would say we would lose with the current players.

As we have no real new signings (just 1), then we can already be judging them and although we came 1st we were distinctively average in terms of play.

This is not whinging or moaning but concerning - please note the difference.